PDA

View Full Version : Mindees Xmas gifts ideas please

Pudding Girl
01-11-2009, 09:42 PM
I haven't a clue what to get two mindees for Xmas, both boys, one will be just 1yo other will be 1.9yo. Budget around £5.

All the others are sorted, they have all got plastercast n paint disney/tv character sets that I got cheap when Woolies closed down ;)

Angela234
01-11-2009, 10:23 PM
You can get some nice books cheap of the book people

Puzzles

Mouse
01-11-2009, 10:29 PM
I always buy books, no matter what age they are.

I buy copies of our favourite books (such as the Gruffalo or the Very Hungry Catterpillar) in the hope that in years to come the children will look at the books & remember the times we've all sat together reading them.

sarah707
02-11-2009, 08:21 AM
I buy favourite books.

Tesco had some good book packs for £5 last week :D

polobear1970
02-11-2009, 08:50 AM
pj's

Thats what i have got my mindees this year, Matalan had some lovely ones for 5 to 6 pounds, someone said that primark had some nice ones too

lisa

Chatterbox Childcare
02-11-2009, 09:18 AM
I have got a mixture of books and toys. My 2 year olds got an electronic keyboard for £6 at Morrisons last month. Wilkinsons aren't bad for cheaper toys.

ajs
02-11-2009, 09:19 AM
i have bought the older ones pencils with their names on fro studio and the younger ones have somehting they may be into at the time
j age 16 months loves thomas so i have bought him some thomas trains

julie w
02-11-2009, 09:26 AM
I bought all my presents from Studio after someone (sorry I cant remember who) on here said about the good value. A lot of their personalised pj's are now only £3.99 now. :D

louise
02-11-2009, 01:03 PM
18 month olds are getting the happyland father christmas set which i got 20%off the 5yr old has junior monopoly which is half price at argos.

dobby
02-11-2009, 02:09 PM
Sainsburys are doing half price toy sale at the moment. Ours had loads of lovely stuff for under 3s most of it under £5 and if it hadnt been for the fact i did not have the car when i was there, i may well have come out alot poorer!:laughing:

grindal
02-11-2009, 02:12 PM
Be careful if buying things from Studio - they are often out of stock and charge you additional postage every time they send something else out to you. My cheap pjs ended up costing me a fortune last year with all the additional postage!

Madminder
02-11-2009, 03:45 PM
We had a Mini IQ rep come along to our childminding group and she is stopping for a while as her new baby is due so was selling off some of her display stock cheap. I managed to get some wonderful books and activities so only have a couple of children to buy for now.
At the Rebound Centre where I take K for trampolining every week they always have book displays in reception (the book club, red books etc) so I will probably get the rest there.

I also always have a special something on the tree for each child to take home on their last day with me before Xmas. Last year it was tiny handbags with choccys in and the year before little stockings with a puppy and a chocolate in. I get these from the chocolate party people and they are really good value.

gemhei
02-11-2009, 03:53 PM
Last year i got a xmas book from a website, one of those where you can put their name in the story and their address etc so they are in the story. The parents said they all loved them, best bit was they were only £1 each! I dont know if the offer is still on. I got the link from this forum so somebody may know where you can get them from as ive forgotten.

grindal
02-11-2009, 05:08 PM
Last year i got a xmas book from a website, one of those where you can put their name in the story and their address etc so they are in the story. The parents said they all loved them, best bit was they were only £1 each! I dont know if the offer is still on. I got the link from this forum so somebody may know where you can get them from as ive forgotten.

Wow - if anyone knows this website I would love to know the address as this sounds like a great present idea to me :clapping: :clapping:

Pudding Girl
02-11-2009, 05:50 PM
fab ideas thanks :)

sunnysmile
02-11-2009, 06:25 PM
Those books sound lovely :)

carebear25
02-11-2009, 06:37 PM
Wow - if anyone knows this website I would love to know the address as this sounds like a great present idea to me :clapping: :clapping:

http://www.identitydirect.co.uk - not sure bout any offers sorry

The Juggler
02-11-2009, 07:17 PM
somebody posted a link about studio cards half price sale. they have personalised stuff, pj's, and other stuff but for lo's the best thing I love is the little cutlery sets with the names on. They are sized for littlies but made of metal.

They were only about £3.99.

TheBTeam
02-11-2009, 08:57 PM
I have got the named cutlery sets for the little ones and named stationery sets for the older ones.

I did buy two lovely sets of chunky cars in Sainsburys half price sale today, they are Tonka ones with friendly faces on them, suitable for 12months plus,for £4.99 a set, my mindees of 1 and just turned two loved them.