PDA

View Full Version : I have brain block! Is there a name for this?

miss mopple
01-11-2009, 04:46 PM
I need to do a series of obs on my 20mth old mindee in different group situations as the poor little mite gets very distressed alot and I want to monitor and see if there is a pattern/ trigger (I think its noise related but mum isnt convinced) so intend doing an ob on behaviour and reactions at each different group we attend for a few weeks.

Is there a name for that type of regular ob? Am just devising a new simple form for it and am trying to decide what to head it as.

Any ideas?

gegele
01-11-2009, 04:49 PM
yes there is but i have a blank there too lol

time something sorry can't remember

Pipsqueak
01-11-2009, 04:49 PM
I think its Event sampling

sarah707
01-11-2009, 05:57 PM
I would go with either event sampling if you are watching him to see if activities spark the problem...

Or time sampling if it's a tiredness, hunger, thirst kind of thing.

Hth :D

miss mopple
01-11-2009, 06:13 PM
Thankyou :thumbsup:

Will go with event sampling I think. I want to record how he reacts at different groups and in relation to how busy/ noisy it is. I know for a fact that the distress levels elevate the noisier it gets, but his mum says he is fine in group situations with her so I want to show a series of obs to demonstrate my point and to see if there are any common factors when he is upset so that I can look at strategies to help him cope

Pipsqueak
01-11-2009, 06:52 PM
Thankyou :thumbsup:

Will go with event sampling I think. I want to record how he reacts at different groups and in relation to how busy/ noisy it is. I know for a fact that the distress levels elevate the noisier it gets, but his mum says he is fine in group situations with her so I want to show a series of obs to demonstrate my point and to see if there are any common factors when he is upset so that I can look at strategies to help him cope

:clapping: :clapping: :clapping:
the power of obs!

hope it all goes well and you get your desired aims:thumbsup:

miss mopple
01-11-2009, 07:27 PM
Thanks pipsqueak

luckily mum does see me as a professional and values my opinion and is following up my concerns with a trip to the hv to request a hearing check so I really hope that we can get this sorted early by working together if there is a problem