PDA

View Full Version : New Rocking Horse

fionamal
02-03-2008, 04:40 PM
So Excited.

Ive just picked up a beautifull Rocking horse from freecycle. It had cost the woman £400 last Xmas and her daughter has never looked at it so its sat in her dinning room unused.

My 2 kids have named him Drummer and love him to bits.

Hes one of the right old fashioned type with the leather saddle and Mahogany rocher bit. I'll try to put on a photo later if I can.

flora
02-03-2008, 04:43 PM
Wow, you must be thrilled. :clapping:
We are thinking of one for Hannah 2nd B'day. She's like her mummy horse mad, hubby is trying to steer her on to Landrovers and failing miserably. :D

sarah707
02-03-2008, 04:50 PM
A friend had a rocking horse but it was so precious she wouldn't let the children play on it... which I always thought was rather sad!

I hope your children really enjoy using it :D

crazybones
02-03-2008, 05:12 PM
That is lovely for free. You have reminded me I have a rocking horse in the loft that is the same age as me (21 obviously :blush: ) But it was stored as no kids were the right age but I think I will get it out again soon.

Annie x

LittleMissSparkles
02-03-2008, 05:34 PM
sounds great lucky you xxx

Annie_T
02-03-2008, 09:36 PM
i remember having a rocking horse, had trouble getting on it - i was bout 6 tho lol.. cost my mum and step dad at time loads (ive had few step dads lol- not sayin my mum was busy in that part but)

i wanted to get one for my kids but never foud one i liked so given up. haha

i hope everyone enjoys him/her

Noodles
02-03-2008, 09:51 PM
Hi what is freecycle i have heard. What is the web address :)

Rubybubbles
02-03-2008, 10:21 PM
that sounds lovely, I always wanted one for dd but :eek: at the prices

flora
02-03-2008, 10:45 PM
Hi what is freecycle i have heard. What is the web address :)

Freecycle is an organisation that you join to stop stuff going into landfill or just being dumped. Go to freecycle.org ( i think) and you can join you local sites.
Basically if you have something that works, or is in ok condition and you just don't want it any more you post it as offered and people e mail you and you decide who to give it to.
If you want stuff you post a wanted ad and the reverse often happens.
People post all manner of stuff.

miffy
03-03-2008, 07:03 AM
Lucky you Fiona - hope your children really enjoy it

Miffy xx

Tatia
03-03-2008, 08:13 AM
Ah brilliant! There was a rocking horse going on our local freecycle, too but it was gone by the time we asked for it. We get rid of quite a lot using the site. It's really great.