PDA

View Full Version : Do you get upset?

jelly15
31-10-2009, 11:54 PM
I have been minding for a month and have two under 5s who have been with me for that time (three days a week each). I have another starting this comming week and maybe another the following week.

The two who I already have quickly become like family, and I got to thinking how much I will miss them when they leave (hopefully not for along time). Do you, who have been minding for a long time, get use to children eventually leaving, or have you gotton use to it?

Jelly

PixiePetal
01-11-2009, 12:01 AM
Mine finish but never seem to leave completely :laughing: Keep coming back for odd days and school hols. Just had 2 days this week of siblings - 9 and 10 who I had as baby and toddler till starting school, now odd days in hols if I have the space.

Got another who has just left for an Inset day next week.

I sometimes cry buckets, there have been a few over the years - just as there are some who I am glad to see the back of one way or another:rolleyes: Never bad enough to give notice just really hard work and don't click.

miss mopple
01-11-2009, 08:30 AM
Honestly I think you get used to it. I have been very fond of the majority of kids I have had over the years, but at the end of the day the reality is that alot leave and dont keep in touch so I really dont let it worry me these days.

patevans
01-11-2009, 08:34 AM
I had the oldest one (11) leave recently and she had been with me since I started minding 5 years ago, she wrote me aletter b4 she left and they all came round to say goodbye and we all sobbed and sobbed :(

Pipsqueak
01-11-2009, 08:42 AM
Yep, been minding 5 years now and I cried like a bairn when one of mine left!

The Juggler
01-11-2009, 09:07 AM
me too! five years in November but it doesn't get easier. i am lucky that most of mine, when they leave, I see regularly at school to say hi. i even still babysit for some.

one little boy though was only 2 1/2 and lived somewhere else. me, his mum cried like mad and my ds (9) sobbed himself to sleep as he adored him. we do see him every couple of months for a special visit so it's not as hard as I thought it would be.

jellytot
01-11-2009, 09:49 AM
for me it depends on who is leaving. Some children I have grown really close to, whereas some I dont ever get an emotional tie with.

ajs
01-11-2009, 09:56 AM
for me it depends on who is leaving. Some children I have grown really close to, whereas some I dont ever get an emotional tie with.

the same here
i was a nanny for many years before i got married and i am still in contact with my first ever baby ( she is now 28 was 18 months when i started with her)
i lost a 3 yr old this year and i am delighted to say that mum still brings her round to see me and i am very good friends with her new minder i see her at her house too.

i think it depends on the relationship with the parents too if your close to them then you will stya in touch with the kids

tashaleee
01-11-2009, 10:20 AM
Honestly I think you get used to it. I have been very fond of the majority of kids I have had over the years, but at the end of the day the reality is that alot leave and dont keep in touch so I really dont let it worry me these days.

Must admit I agree with this - though some I miss more than others, and some I am sooo happy to never have to see again (though usually it is the parents rather than the children I feel this about :laughing: )

Pudding Girl
01-11-2009, 11:20 AM
I think the first ones hit you hard and after that you tend to just get on with it and harden to it almost.

My first mindees, I was very upset when tey left, but they came back to me a year later for a few weeks and now I have them at lest a few odd days a month.

Another lot that left in May this year have just come back too :)

:clapping:

janminder
01-11-2009, 09:13 PM
Yes I find it hard when they leave. The 11 year old who had just left me end August to start secondary school kept saying that I would still be seeing her and true to her word she pops in on her way to school most mornings and passes by or meets me where I an most evenings. This week half term she came out with me on Monday, I had no other children. On Tuesday she stayed over night because she wanted to come out with me on the Wednesday and I was leaving early.

Ripeberry
01-11-2009, 09:23 PM
I got upset when my mindee went on holiday! What am I like? :rolleyes: