PDA

View Full Version : Carpet Cleaners

Bendy
31-10-2009, 07:08 PM
Does any one own a carpet cleaner. They seem so expensive and I wondered whether they are a good investment. Which make do you own and would you recommend it?

Bendy

sweets
31-10-2009, 07:10 PM
i recently borrowed a friends bissell pro, it was absolutely brilliant! my carpets looked great after and was very easy to use, wasnt hard work like the old vax's used to be.

as its a friends i can borrow it anytime but i wouldnt hesitate to buy one if necc, my sister and mum said they would chip in to and we would have it between us.

christine e
31-10-2009, 07:16 PM
I have a Bissell Powerheat Prowash Proheat - have had it about 8years - great for cleaning carpets but also for spilt drinks and little accidents!

Cx

FizzysFriends
31-10-2009, 07:43 PM
We have a Bissell, its a family one (we all paid a bit and have it as and when), its great it lefts the carpets as well as cleans.

Bendy
31-10-2009, 08:59 PM
I just found out that the Bissell Proheat 2x plus is £100 off in argos. Looks like I'm going shopping tomorrow.

Thanks for you replies.

Bendy

nannymcflea
31-10-2009, 09:47 PM
We borrowed my mums bissell(got out a lot but we weren't that impressed)...then hired a rug doctor..no comparison the rug doctor got out so much dirt it made me cringe!

gemhei
31-10-2009, 11:11 PM
My mum has a vax one and she swears by it, it has attatchments to clean the sofa etc too. I wouldnt like to use one one on ours as its pure wool and 40 years old so i wouldnt want to risk it but if i had a modern carpet i probs would get one as they seem quite useful.

jelly15
31-10-2009, 11:34 PM
We borrowed my mums bissell(got out a lot but we weren't that impressed)...then hired a rug doctor..no comparison the rug doctor got out so much dirt it made me cringe!

I was shocked when I used the rug doctor on my carpets back in the summer, the water was filthy:blush:

However, my carpets are still dull in front of the arm chairs and sofa so I am going to get new flooring as soon as I can afford it.

charleyfarley
31-10-2009, 11:38 PM
We have a Bissell too, not sure which one though as hubby uses it :D

Carol xx

Joannechildmind
01-11-2009, 01:11 PM
Jut cleaned my carpets with my mums vax carpet cleaner and its come up a treat, the water that i tipped away was black :eek: :o lol

Should clean it a bit more often i think :)

fionamal
01-11-2009, 02:42 PM
Ive got the new style vax upright and its great, so easy to use and was reduced down to £89.

We have tried the Rug Doctor but cant say i was impressed with it and it was so heavy and hard to use.

sarah707
01-11-2009, 03:44 PM
I had a Bissell vac a while ago and it was totally rubbish! I took it back and they said they'd had loads of returns. It wasn't the washer one though.

I used to use a Vax washer - it was great but hard work.

Now I mostly have wooden floors and I get a man in for the carpets :D

PixiePetal
01-11-2009, 04:01 PM
I have a Bissell, not a fantastic one but ok for a quick freshen up. Would get someone in to do it better if needed. Friends dad has a mega machine like pros use and he said he would do it next time - pay him of course.

Got a small Bissell hand held one too, for spot cleaning - use this more, for small spills and accidents. Brill :thumbsup: