PDA

View Full Version : late payers

Lily Grace
31-10-2009, 06:31 PM
How flexible are you with late payers? I have been minding mindee (before and after school, term time only) and the mum is supposed to pay me weekly. She was 3 weeks late before half term so I was going to send her a text about no payments. When she picked her boy up on the last day of term she said she has transferred money into my account the night before as she had to wait for her pay day. Now it is beginning to wind me up as none of the other parents are ever late or if they are they text or phone and apologise but she does nothing not even an apology. She is a single mum so I assume she would be getting tax credits. I mind another mindee whose mum is on her own and she pays me without fail every week. What would be the best way for me to remind mum that I would appreciate being paid on time and if she is waiting for payday to tell me. She is not a very approachable!! Thanks

peanuts
31-10-2009, 06:33 PM
put it in a newsletter in bold writing

Lily Grace
31-10-2009, 06:37 PM
Thanks for the newsletter idea.

nikim
31-10-2009, 11:00 PM
put it in a newsletter to all parents that due to continuous late payment from several parents you are now introducing a late payment fee (if you havent already) of whatever you think is fair , my own policy states that i will charge 10% for every week (all mine pay monthly ) that the payment is late unless they have made alternitave arrangements with me in advance , if they pay weekly you could charge 10% daily, followed with a comment like "i enjoy looking after your children but like yourselves i also have bills to pay"