PDA

View Full Version : To buy or not to buy????

Jemima77
31-10-2009, 06:14 PM
I have just been allocated my childminding grant to spend on equipment and on the list is a Little Tykes play house for the garden £250!! From your experiences is it worth having one (I look after 5 under 5's at the moment boys and girls) at different times and just wonder if it would be a good thing to get or do I spend the money on more arty/creative equipment for inside??? I am a bit undecided as to what to do for the best! Thanks x

Trouble
31-10-2009, 06:16 PM
you can buy good play houses cheaper than this if you shop around look on ebay or toys r us even

then spend the rest on arty stuff:clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Jemima77
31-10-2009, 06:30 PM
that would be great but unfortunatley its a set supplier that we have to use x

Trouble
31-10-2009, 06:31 PM
that would be great but unfortunatley its a set supplier that we have to use x

i wouldnt bother then buy something else

miss mopple
01-11-2009, 08:28 AM
personally I wouldnt buy a plastic playhouse as I hate too much plastic in the garden :laughing:

I think art/creative or IT equipment would be good. Whos the supplier? Do they have a site we could browse for you to give ideas ?

Chimps Childminding
01-11-2009, 06:35 PM
I was going to buy a plastic playhouse with my grant money, however on checking them out, none of them have windows that close so if it rains all the water gets inside :eek: I have gone for a wooden playhouse instead, that actually didn't work out any dearer!!:thumbsup:

Heaven Scent
01-11-2009, 07:14 PM
GRANT???????? .............Whats one of those?????

katickles
01-11-2009, 07:43 PM
GRANT???????? .............Whats one of those?????

Ditto - we never have anything like that :crying:

Jemima77
02-11-2009, 07:54 PM
Ahhhh sorry to have mentioned it but.............I have had such fun spending it! I have not gone with the playhouse idea now and have gone for more creative things. Hope I got room now to put it all otherwise my OH isnt going to be a happy chappy lol xxxx

karenandsmile
02-11-2009, 08:15 PM
isnt that the bug bear of all us childminders finding the space to keep everything not only the toys the paper work the nappies the store of clothes in case of accidents the pack lunches and dinners the list goes on and on and i never have enough storage i just got my fella to put p 4 cupboards and ive already filled them now hes putting anouther two up lol (still wont be enough lol )

miffy
02-11-2009, 08:18 PM
isnt that the bug bear of all us childminders finding the space to keep everything not only the toys the paper work the nappies the store of clothes in case of accidents the pack lunches and dinners the list goes on and on and i never have enough storage i just got my fella to put p 4 cupboards and ive already filled them now hes putting anouther two up lol (still wont be enough lol )

I agree with that. Of course it would be much easier if I could stop buying things too! :rolleyes: :laughing:

Miffy xx