PDA

View Full Version : Fee's

Hebs
31-10-2009, 05:40 PM
how can i word my newsletter to remind parents that payments need to be made as agreed on our contracts??

without sounding snotty??

it's not aimed at all of them just 1 who is hopeless :mad:

Joannechildmind
31-10-2009, 06:26 PM
i would say:- just a reminder to all parents fees need to be paid as agreed in our contracts failure to do so will result in late payment fees thankyou for your understanding. :thumbsup:

Is that snotty though? :o

Hebs
31-10-2009, 06:30 PM
nope not at all xx

Mollymop
31-10-2009, 09:59 PM
How about adding your payment/fees policy in the newsletter by cut & Paste, that is what I would do,....and maybe add another policy while you are at it so that it doesn't point fingers when the parent reads it...:D :D

Goatgirl
31-10-2009, 10:31 PM
Hi Hebs,
You could try a 'Thankyou for all your prompt payments : much appreciated' kind of thing. That way the good payers will feel appreciated and the bad payer embarrassed into sorting it out...
Otherwise, I would just approach the bad payer individually and remind her of your fees policy. Ask her if there's a problem, tell her what you expect, which she agreed to do when she signed the contract and ...what you will do if your expectations are not met :-)

BWs,
Wendy

Hebs
31-10-2009, 10:38 PM
Hi Hebs,
You could try a 'Thankyou for all your prompt payments : much appreciated' kind of thing. That way the good payers will feel appreciated and the bad payer embarrassed into sorting it out...
Otherwise, I would just approach the bad payer individually and remind her of your fees policy. Ask her if there's a problem, tell her what you expect, which she agreed to do when she signed the contract and ...what you will do if your expectations are not met :-)

BWs,
Wendy

:thumbsup: fab idea :D

Lou
31-10-2009, 10:52 PM
Or you could just put something about fees being paid on time and then say.....

XXXXXXXXXXXXX THAT MEANS YOU!!!!!! NOW PAY UP!!!!!!!

LOOPYLISA
31-10-2009, 11:09 PM

Couldnt agree more :D :thumbsup:

The Juggler
31-10-2009, 11:11 PM

:ROFL1: :ROFL1: if only we dared!

Hebs
01-11-2009, 08:51 AM

:laughing: :laughing: :clapping: :clapping:

oooooooooooohhhhhhhhhh could you imagine her face if she saw that :jump for joy:

Erika
01-11-2009, 04:46 PM
Hi Hebs,

I dunno....I think with people like that they don't feel embarassed about it, as they already feel that it's acceptable to pay late, (which of course it is not) and the above might just enforce in the parent's mind that her late payment is considered "prompt".

Could you perhaps put what Joanne said and then a footnote of what Wendy's said, along the lines of "Appreciation for those who have maintained prompt payments" or something?

Hebs
01-11-2009, 04:54 PM
how does this sound?

just a reminder to all parents fees need to be paid as agreed in our contracts failure to do so will result in late payment fees being implemented thank you for your understanding
I would like to thank those all for you who have maintained prompt payment, it is very much appreciated.

Goatgirl
01-11-2009, 10:55 PM
how does this sound?

just a reminder to all parents fees need to be paid as agreed in our contracts failure to do so will result in late payment fees being implemented thank you for your understanding
I would like to thank those all for you who have maintained prompt payment, it is very much appreciated.

Like it :thumbsup:

Fingers crossed it has the desired effect :)

bws, Wendy

nokidshere
02-11-2009, 01:22 AM
I prefer a more individual approach. Just speak to the parent concerned and ask that she makes payments on time in future. You don't have to be rude or embarrassed about it. The parents wouldn;t like it if their boss suddenly told them they would have to wait a week or two for their money!

little daisies
02-11-2009, 06:33 AM
i1ve jut had one that was 2 weeks late paying i ent her a text saying can you pop round and pay invoice or my partner will pick it up at what ever time is convienient. my partner works with me hes good at putting the thumb screwws on:laughing: she paid that day:)

miffy
02-11-2009, 07:34 AM
I prefer a more individual approach. Just speak to the parent concerned and ask that she makes payments on time in future. You don't have to be rude or embarrassed about it. The parents wouldn;t like it if their boss suddenly told them they would have to wait a week or two for their money!

I agree - I would speak to the parent first.

Miffy xx