PDA

View Full Version : Child leaving - parent ref?

Mrs.L.C
31-10-2009, 02:26 PM
I have 2 children (siblings) leaving me at the end of this year - We are going to miss them loads, they are like part of the family.

Anyway in the past when a child has left I have asked if parents if they would mind writing a reference for my folder I show new parents on what they thought of the child care offered etc.

At first this worked well but I have noticed I have a few years now with no real upto date ones as parents are still using my service or they never get round to doing it so I was wondering if anyone uses a questionnaire to make it simpler and quicker and if so what kind of things to you put on it or do you have one you would be willing to share?

Many thanks in advance

green puppy
31-10-2009, 05:54 PM
I don't have one but would probably ask things like; Did they and their child always feel welcomed?, Did the play environment/ resources/ activities/ outings meet the needs of the child?, Were they happy with the communication and working partnership?, Flexibility, menus, any other comments? You could have one for the child if they are old enough asking what they liked best etc....

The Juggler
31-10-2009, 10:56 PM
I don't have one but would probably ask things like; Did they and their child always feel welcomed?, Did the play environment/ resources/ activities/ outings meet the needs of the child?, Were they happy with the communication and working partnership?, Flexibility, menus, any other comments? You could have one for the child if they are old enough asking what they liked best etc....

the question I use (and which might be most useful for your ref) is 'what do you most like about the setting', 'what if anything, would you like me to do/change' 'why do you think your children enjoy coming here'

bexcee
04-11-2009, 01:42 PM
These are the questions I have on my feedback form (this is for a child still with me but you could easily change it to past tense for a child that is leaving ie did you and your child always feel welcome in the setting etc):

Do you and your child always feel welcome in the setting?
Are you happy with the playing environment, activities, outings etc?
Are you kept well informed of your child’s day and developments?
Is there anything that you particularly like or dislike?
Did you feel the childminder works with you to meet the needs of your child?
Are you happy with the rates of pay and what they include?
Are you happy with the level of care your child receives?
Is the food healthy and nutritious?
What do you think the main benefit of using a childminder is?
Is there anything I could do to improve the service that I offer?
Do you have any other comments?
Would you be happy to provide a reference in the future?

Hope that helps