PDA

View Full Version : Garden toy caterpillar tunnel

singingcactus
31-10-2009, 01:51 PM
Hey all,
I am trying to locate one of those big caterpillar tunnels that go in the garden that kids can go through and climb on. They are segmented and all bright colours, with huge feet.
I have tried googling for it but just can't find it anywhere. Does anyone know what I am talking about and where I can find one please.

Thank you

Mouse
31-10-2009, 02:11 PM
Is this what you mean?

http://www.cheesybug.co.uk/shop/article_980204/Febergus-The-Crazy-Caterpillar---Feber-Outdoor-Toys.html?shop_param=cid%3D47%26aid%3D980204%26

Mrs.L.C
31-10-2009, 02:34 PM
Tesco had these in there tesco for schools & Clubs voucher catalogue but they needed thousands of vouchers so must be expensive

nikim
31-10-2009, 02:42 PM
i think this is what you mean

sorry i cant remember how to add a link so this may not work
its called the wormy play tunnel and is availible from the tts website

http://www.tts-group.co.uk/Content/Files/images/EY00417.jpg

ooohh i did it :clapping:

singingcactus
31-10-2009, 04:43 PM
Thankyou all. That is the one I meant. I am fed up of spending money on cheap resources that don't even last a season. I am going to save up and get a better quality item and this will save me money in the long run I think.

helenlc
31-10-2009, 04:48 PM
I might save up too!! This looks great and would suit all the ages I have ie 2 yrs and under.

Blaze
31-10-2009, 04:53 PM
I might save up too!! This looks great and would suit all the ages I have ie 2 yrs and under.

Unfortunately not - the age range is 3+ & we all know what happens if we go against the manufacters guidance:(

tashaleee
31-10-2009, 05:15 PM

The problem with it being used by under 2s is they are not always able to climb up and hold on properly and for them its a fair way to fall - starting another lot of risk assessments and H&S issues :rolleyes:

We used to have one at a toddler group I went to and I used to dread it being out - dont get me wrong I love the toy but Im not sure how 'safe' it is if that makes sense for the under 3s

miffy
31-10-2009, 05:59 PM
Our playgroup cum toddler group have this and it's very popular.

It would be dangerous for under 3's if they tried to climb on it's back but the littlies love crawling through it and peeping through the holes on it.

You would have to supervise it very closely if under 3's were using it - it is a lovely toy though.

Miffy xx