PDA

View Full Version : Being paid with vouchers.

little chickee
30-10-2009, 10:39 AM
Can you explain to me what is the benefit of being paid by a voucher scheme?

What is the benefit to the parent? I have 4 different mindees and am now going to be paid by vouchers from all of them - 4 different voucher schemes too.

I have been paid through Sodexho for a while now which goes straight into my bank account which is working fine.
im in the process of setting up Busy Bees for 2 parents and Leapfrog with the other. I have been told that i have to print out the voucher and then take it to my bank to pay in - is this right?

Frankly its a huge pain in the bum for me to do this - my bank is a 20 min drive away and i will have to take all the mindees with me to do it.

Can i refuse to be paid in vouchers and insist on cash which is what i have always done. im worried that if parents cannot pay me with vouchers they might choose not to use my service.

Also one of the mindees mum doesnt work but is wanting to pay by vouchers through her husbands work - can she do that. I only have the child 4 hours a week!

Minstrel
30-10-2009, 10:45 AM
The benefit to parents is that it comes out of theor wage before they pay tax and NI so they save money each month.

I've never heard of having to take the vouchers to your bank. I accept busy bees and parents use the e-vouchers which means once they go online to authorise payment, i get a BACS transfer about 5 days later. The other way i have heard is parents give you a paper vouchers and you have to call the hotline to redeem it.

suzyblue
30-10-2009, 10:52 AM
I have been paid by these different company's and never had to take vouchers to the bank. With one company I have to redeem paper vouchers online. Iv had the same company using different payment methods too so maybe ask the parents if they can request direct payment into your account as a trip to the bank isnt an option for you.

Chatterbox Childcare
30-10-2009, 11:14 AM
All mine are the same as Sodexho and can be paid directly to my bank. I have Accor vouchers which I have to manually claim on line but that is a 2 sec job and then it goes into the bank within 3 days

Mouse
30-10-2009, 01:22 PM
At the moment I'm using Sodexo, Kiddivouchers & Compushare (Busybees).

I receive paper vouchers for all of them (my choice) and either phone the 24hr automated service, or go online to redeem them.

I've never heard of having to go to a bank to pay in vouchers, but if that was the only option, I'd have to refuse to accept that sort of voucher as it wouldn't be practical for me.

As for the mum not working, but wanting to use vouchers through her husband's work, I can't see a problem with that. It doesn't really matter which one of them pays the childcare bill, as long as one of them does! I assume your contract is with both parents anyway?
They won't make a huge saving if they're only paying for 4 hours a week, but any saving is a saving worth having :thumbsup:

Goatgirl
30-10-2009, 01:38 PM
Hi,
i get paid by one set of parents by two different voucher schemes; busybees and accor.
I had to register with both companies - did this online, then one of them wanted a copy of my reg certificate by land mail. About a week later i got confirmation that i had accounts set up, was given my identity/account numbers, gave these to the parents and they now do it all online. They have my bank details and the money is paid straight into my bank account; takes about 3 days from when they do their online stuff, so I invoice them on a monday for a friday payment.
:-)
hope this helps reassure you : maybe just tell them you need it all done without you having to physically go into the bank. They possibly don't know there are electronic banking options ...Or they can give you cash instead! :D

bws,
Wendy :)

youarewhatyoueat
30-10-2009, 04:13 PM
It depends which option the parent goes for when getting the vouchers, all the companys do paper vouchers, redeem online or direct transfer just make sure the parent goes for direct transfer so they do the transfer direct to your bank account.
I've been paid by 5 different companies so far and always made sure I get the parent method I want. It doesn't make a difference to the parent unless they can't go online I suppose.
If you refuse to take the vouchers I would expect parents to go elsewhere as to them it saves them paying tax on the money they pay you.

little chickee
31-10-2009, 08:35 AM
Thanks for your advice everyone - i'm giung to register for the voucher schemes as i don't want to lose work. i'm sure i'll get the hang of it.