PDA

View Full Version : cleaning toys

sweets
30-10-2009, 09:28 AM
i have decided to give my toys a really good clean this weekend. what do all use for the wipe clean ones?

i dont really want to dettox them as i think its a bit strong and i have babies mouthing the toys!

I did think of wiping them with a weak solution of milton or some sort of sterilizing tablets. would that be ok? Can you still buy milton liquid!

AliceK
30-10-2009, 09:39 AM
I have used Milton on mine. Yes you can still buy it either in a bottle or the tablets :)

xxxx

youarewhatyoueat
30-10-2009, 09:44 AM
I use milton wipes, I always carry them with me as well, find them really handy when wiping smeggy toys at toddlers groups. I probably look like I have a bit of OCD but hey ho better than a tummy bug.

LOOPYLISA
30-10-2009, 10:21 AM
I know some cm here put them in a dish waher :thumbsup:

madasahatter
30-10-2009, 12:02 PM
Unless it contains batteries I tend to either wash things by hand, dishwasher or washing machine. Soft toys that say surface wash only go in the washer in a delicates bag. If it's got a squeezy thing or rattle in it I wash it as they eventually dry (may make a wet f*rt noise in the mean time LOL). I suppose it depends how well it is going to stand up to washing. If I think it won't work/last then I'll use antibacterial wipes.
I have some of those high chair toys with the suction grip....these don't take well to the dishwasher. I think it's the dishwasher powder that has affected the rubber grip thing and they now leave circular blue marks on the high chair tray (will be hand washing them in future LOL)
Wooden toys I hand wash as you don't want them to be standing in water for a long time (as they would in the dishwasher)

David Sheppard
30-10-2009, 12:41 PM
We use the Dishwasher, antibac wipes etc.

Getting them completely dry before the children use them again is most important as the moisture is where the bacteria will thrive. Although this is not the best time of year, if you can dry them outside in the sun and fresh air then all the better.

We also tend to hang on to old toothbrushes for all those tough to reach corners.

Regards

David

Chatterbox Childcare
30-10-2009, 02:54 PM
I put mine in the dishwasher and then finish non metal ones off in the microwave.

Word of warning - use a lower temperature than full power as I forgot and melted poor old bob the builder!