PDA

View Full Version : dont get it

disney
02-03-2008, 03:31 PM
I get so confused some times ,right i have a child that comes to me at 7 am and have looke after her for 6 months and the contract was due to be re -negosiated last week . i have told mum that i felt that as she is the only child that i get up early for that i felt tired and that it was difficult for me .
but she said she was desperate and agreed to pay me £ 5 an hour instead of £3 , so i agreed and we are to do a new contract on wedsnesday .

but she has now informed me that because she is going to be paying me the extra money that she will be cutting her hours in the evening as she cant afford the cost , so she will be picking her child up at 5pm instead of 6pm .

no i dont have a problem with this its just that when i started 6 months ago i told mum that i did not want to work untill 6 but she said she was desperate . now she says i dont really need you till 6 its just ive always like that privelage but cant afford it :angry: i was told she had no choice but to work late now shes telling me differnt x

ajs
02-03-2008, 03:34 PM
so effectively she's saving herslef a £1 wow

ok so you lose a £1 but you finish an hour earlier i'd be happy with that

although some parents are never happy whatever we do for them

sarah707
02-03-2008, 03:52 PM
I'd be happy with an hour earlier finish as well... but I can understand your frustration if you asked for this in the first place!

Like Mandy says, there's no pleasing some people! :rolleyes:

disney
02-03-2008, 03:52 PM
yer im happy with this dont care about the money im just moaning cause i spent 6 months having her till 6 , when i only work till 5 but klike i said she begged me . so i said because she told me she couldnt leave work any earlier but just found out she was going home first oh well nevermind x :clapping:

emler
02-03-2008, 03:54 PM
How annoying to be told one thing initially only to have the parent totally contradict herself!
Oh well - early finishes are always something to celebrate :clapping:

Emler x

Pipsqueak
02-03-2008, 04:02 PM
And you got a great payrise into the bargin!!!:thumbsup:

Rubybubbles
02-03-2008, 04:50 PM
parents

enough said:D

crazybones
02-03-2008, 05:10 PM
Make sure she does come at 5 though and it doesnt creep back towards 6.

Annie x

Lou
02-03-2008, 05:13 PM
yeah and if shes late and comes after then charge her your unsociable rate!

disney
02-03-2008, 05:18 PM
thanks annie i will , have to watch her shes one of those parents whos always trying to swap and change things in the contract . she so gets on my nerves but luckly the rest of my parent are very good .:panic:

Annie_T
02-03-2008, 09:39 PM
you just cant please some parents huh
sorry u had to get one hun

miffy
03-03-2008, 07:11 AM
Just catching up - I know you were annoyed but I think you've done quite well out of the deal as long as she does keep to the 5 o'clock finish.

Shame it's still an early atart though

Miffy xx

yummymummy
03-03-2008, 08:31 AM
Grrr:angry: Unfortunately some parents are never happy no matter what you do for them! It makes you wonder how essential the 6pm pick up was to start off with if she can suddenly collect an hour earlier to save £1!:rolleyes: X

jmoff
03-03-2008, 09:11 AM
...maybe he circrumstances have changed?
at least you get to work less...:)

LittleMissSparkles
03-03-2008, 09:15 AM
can understand why you are annoyed but look on the positive you get to finish at 5 :) xxx

angeldelight
03-03-2008, 10:25 AM
Im also a bit unsure why you are annoyed

But like you say you finish earlier so thats good ?

Angel xx

Banana
03-03-2008, 12:23 PM
Hey , at least you'll be getting your 5pm finish........ look at the positives!

xxx

disney
03-03-2008, 01:35 PM
i am happy now on a positive that i will finish at 5 but just wanted to say as angeldelight didnt understand why i was annoyed its because i only work untill 5 normally , but 6 m0nths ago mum begged me to help her untill 6 . i only agreed as she said she was desperate but i have guessed for a long time now that she was going home for 5 some times before . she has now told me that she has been going home for a shower or the use of the pc even though she new it was putting me and my family out :thumbsup: hope some one understands me or maybe im just going mad :jump for joy: :panic: x

yummymummy
03-03-2008, 01:46 PM
I understand you completely! I once went to a Christmas play of a mindee as his mum absolutely, positively could not get the time off work and she would be sacked etc etc. Felt so sorry for the little mite so went as his "family support" when mum arrived to collect him at 6.15pm she was newly hilighted and tanned. She had the afternoon off to go to the beauty salon!!!!!! :rolleyes:

angeldelight
03-03-2008, 02:23 PM
Oh yes I understand now parents do this all the time and it can be annoying

Glad to hear you are feeling a bit better about it all now

Angel xx

disney
03-03-2008, 08:19 PM
yer thanks angel thought i was going crazy then :eek: no well i think maybe i am crazy any way :laughing: