PDA

View Full Version : halloween party..what you doing?

aly
29-10-2009, 05:42 PM
what are your plans for the halloween party.

It's my 1st one this year with mindees so would like some ideas......

Blue Boy
29-10-2009, 06:37 PM
We went to a local farm today and picked lots of pumpkins. Tomorrow we are going to have a day of making halloeen goodies such as spiders made out of egg boxes, ust cut out esch section paint black and use black pipe cleaners for legs then use funny eyes from hobby craft. The pumpkins will be scooped out and carved out and the children can take them home.

Love
Mick xx

miss mopple
29-10-2009, 07:04 PM
not alot as I am really disorganised :blush: Not very busy tomorrow so we will do some more crafts. I had hoped to do a little party in the morning but had a spanner thrown in the works today when I was distracted from organising things by having to sort out some :censored: who cloned my bank card and attempted to rob me of £1500 :angry:

Am poorly too so just dont have the energy to sort things tonight :(

madasahatter
29-10-2009, 07:32 PM
We will be -
playing musical bumps to a cd of halloween music (from poundland)
bashing the life out of some pinatas we've made
playing halloween bingo
apple bobbing (outside)
hunt the halloween picture (need a better name but basically I've loads of laminated halloween pics that I will distribute around for them to find)

eat lots of gruesome food such as-
dead men's fingers (mini sausages)
bat brains (homemade popcorn)
vampire blood to drink (summer fruits squash)
halloween biscuits
ghoulish gunge (green jelly with haribos in)
scary spider sponge (a decorated chocolate cake)

I could do with some good names to call pizza slices, sandwiches (cut into halloween shapes) and crisps.

I think that'll adequately fill the 1.5 hours after school on Monday until the parents come at 5 (I'm being very generous as I would only have 2 of my mindees until 5 all the others are getting free childcare after school that day!)

It's a small world
29-10-2009, 07:45 PM
no mindees this wek just my own children..done a few bits with them...

working halloween night:( and just found out working bonfire night too :(

oh well the way things are going i will be able to give up hotel job before xmas :clapping:

Blackhorse
29-10-2009, 07:50 PM
I will make some slime out of tapioca and hide some things inside

there are pumpkins and decorations to be made

they will get a surprise multilayer coloured cake with nice decorations

will go to the neighbours houses for trick or treat...I know it is a day early but I told them about it and also brought them some sweets.

they will all be dressed up as well.

Trouble
29-10-2009, 08:01 PM
last year we had lots of boxes with lids and made a hole in the top

inside we had

grapes for eye balls
jellied eels
severed fingers jam butties with loads of jam
plastic spiders in another
insects in one
cant remember the rest

they had to put there hand in and tell us what were in each box without looking

these were older kids for my son whos brave we put the hamster in with lots of air holes of course and asked him to tell us what it was

PRICELESS:D :laughing: :laughing: and buddy got extra grapes his fav

The Juggler
29-10-2009, 10:01 PM
very low key. make some pipe cleaner spiders. put on the kids names then we hide them in the garden for the kids to find.

apple bobbin except with apples on strings and not in the water (for h&s reasons).

pumpkin carving

got some of those black scratch and draw boards for makign spooky pictures.

spooky lunch with halloween cakes.

that's it - you lot are sooo much more adventurous/energetic than me.

kids are coming dressed up too.

ORKSIE
29-10-2009, 10:04 PM
I will be in a hotel:p :laughing:

miffy
29-10-2009, 10:31 PM
I will be in a hotel:p :laughing:

That's right - rub it in! :p

Miffy xx

Blackhorse
29-10-2009, 10:51 PM
That's right - rub it in! :p

Miffy xx

haha there will be rubbing alright...

can I say that even???:blush: :blush:
If not please dont ban me I shall edit!

peanuts
30-10-2009, 06:48 AM
cook different coloured spagetti add different colours of food colouring to it, once cooled hide spiders ect in and put in a big bowl for kids to stick hands in and find items.

wrap the mummy.

put pics of halloween on 4 corners. stop music, kids run to one call out one, any kids at that pic are out.

angeldelight
30-10-2009, 06:57 AM
cook different coloured spagetti add different colours of food colouring to it, once cooled hide spiders ect in and put in a big bowl for kids to stick hands in and find items.

wrap the mummy.

put pics of halloween on 4 corners. stop music, kids run to one call out one, any kids at that pic are out.

Sounds like fun

We had our party yesterday and had a great time doing a number of things - the kids melted chocolate and the one little one decided he did not want to do it any more and threw it at ME - It was not great trying to clean it up and I was not that impressed although I can laugh about it now :laughing:

Hope you all have a great party today

Angel xx

Mollymop
30-10-2009, 07:11 AM
We are having a mini halloween party this afternoon.

FIrstly we are decorating the house this morning.

Then we are going to carve pumpkins.

Then the children are getting dressed up in their Halloween costumes.

Then we are having party lunch - I am covering the table with a halloween table cloth and will decorate

We are having party games such as Ghost Hunt -
I have wrapped little gifts/lollies in white tissue paper and made them look like ghosts, then I will hide them around the house and type up quizzes so they have to read the clues to find each ghost.

We are also going to do apple bobbing

Brain hunt - A big bowl of fake blood, pasta, spagetti, etc. Then tie a mask to the front for the face. I will hide wrapped sweets in the bowl of goo and the children take it in turns to delve in the brains and retrieve the sweets.

Musical Statues

Pass the pumpkin - the one holding the pumpkin is out.

Halloween chinese whispers

Pin the tail on the cat (which we made out of card)
and Pin the hat on the witch

I have got little prizes for all winners (just cheap 50P things from Tesco)

Have fun!!

sweets
30-10-2009, 07:39 AM
well im not doin anythin for halloween! lol.

ive only got a 12mnth old and an 8mnth old this week so they are a bit young really.:clapping:

helenlc
30-10-2009, 08:04 AM
not alot as I am really disorganised :blush: Not very busy tomorrow so we will do some more crafts. I had hoped to do a little party in the morning but had a spanner thrown in the works today when I was distracted from organising things by having to sort out some :censored: who cloned my bank card and attempted to rob me of £1500 :angry:

Am poorly too so just dont have the energy to sort things tonight :(

Same here! I have some pumpkins to carve later but thats about it. I have a 9 mth old and just turned 2 yr old, so they dont really know/understand, so I dont feel too guilty.:blush:

I bought things weeks ago ie decorations, craft kits. But so far this week my husband has been bitten by a dog at work and my son has come out in hives - so in between hospital runs, Dr runs, chemist runs and applying calamine lotion, changing dressings and administering more medicine than Boots I dont have time this year I am afraid.

I can save all the craft bits and decorations til next year - am going to put them in a box and put them in the loft.

Enjoy your parties!!!

kindredspirits
30-10-2009, 08:48 AM
nope - nada - i don't do halloween - all those ghosts and skeletons give me the creeps. i think its all too american, we didn't have 'halloween' like this when i was a kid its just a marketing ploy! :D
we will however be doing lots of crafts for bonfire night!!!