PDA

View Full Version : help settling a baby...

angiemog
29-10-2009, 05:07 PM
I had a 7 month old baby today for a settling in session she was fine for the first 10 mins then cried pretty much none stop for over an hour. I told mum when she collected and she said she is probably tired I should have mentioned she hasn't had much sleep today. The thing is the next time I have her I will have a one year old and 17 month old. I'm starting to worry. I do have a sling so if all fails I can pop her in that and carry on with our day. But if she does cry...... any tips or advice please??? I will have her for 4 hours.
Thank you x

chewy sweets
29-10-2009, 05:21 PM
How about her bringing some comfort items which could calm her or possible comfort her to sleep. I've got a mindee who brings a fleecy blanket with him everyday. Maybe this might help??:thumbsup:

tinynippers
29-10-2009, 05:41 PM
its hard when they cry, i know it says im a pre-reg which i am, but i used to be a childminder a few years ago. i had a lo that would have been around 18 months, (i also had my own 18 month old) i had him 4 days a week for 9 hours a day and for the first 2 weeks all he did from the moment his mum dropped him off till the moment she picked him up was cry, wouldnt play, didnt want to eat. i so felt like giving up but then all off a sudden he just stoped which was amazing. all i can say is try everything, as some take longer to settle than others but dont do anything you dont want to do on a permant basis e.g she may love the sling then expect you to do it all the time.

dont give up. all the best xxxxxxxxx