PDA

View Full Version : went for a pint with hubby

hayleychildcare
29-10-2009, 05:01 PM
I went for a pint with hubby after he finished work today and all my mindees were gone....just our 9 year old son with us.

Pub is straight across the road from our house.

While in the pub (carrying my usual business cards with me) i planned my trips to the toilet so i could accidently bump into four sets of family's with small kids there (running riot)

So all parents got a business card.:thumbsup:

Now my hubby thinks a pub is a bad place to hand business cards for childminding out ...lol

What would you's lot of done in my shoes?

Pudding Girl
29-10-2009, 05:09 PM
I agree with your husband - I'm all for being enterprising, but tbh I wouldn't think it very professional I'm sorry!
I can just see some parents thinking, omg drinking at this time of day, with a child (they are not to know he is your own ;) )

Sorry! :blush:

Merry-Minder
29-10-2009, 05:14 PM
I cant see anything wrong with that - what you do in your own time is completely up to you, I presume 1 or 2 pints does not class you as 'steaming' drunk!
And in any case if the parents were also in the pub at the same time as you, then they should have no problem either.
I am yet to meet a parent who hasnt had a couple of drinks whilst in the company of their own children.

hayleychildcare
29-10-2009, 05:17 PM
well when i say i went for a pint with hubby.............. it was more like

Our son aged 9 likes to hide from daddy when he finishes work so we hid in pub and sent him a text saying monsters had kidnapped us please help.

And i had a coke otherwise id be in bed at 6pm with a headache :blush:

madasahatter
29-10-2009, 07:37 PM
Our son aged 9 likes to hide from daddy when he finishes work so we hid in pub and sent him a text saying monsters had kidnapped us please help.

I'll have to try that one...love it!:laughing:

little chickee
30-10-2009, 10:55 AM
I don't think theres anything wrong with handing out buisiness cards in the pub - its a perfectly normal place to be - no different from the supermarket.

LOOPYLISA
30-10-2009, 11:13 AM
I can't see anything wrong with it :thumbsup:

Good luck x

julie w
30-10-2009, 12:53 PM
I think it's great to be prepared and grab every opportunity for business. I might do the same.:thumbsup:

Blue Boy
30-10-2009, 01:02 PM
I have no problems with that. Shows you have a good business sense and if you get anything from it you can take your hubby to the pub, buy him a drink and ask if he still thinks it was the wrong thing to do?

Love
Mick xx

mabel
30-10-2009, 03:10 PM
have not a problem...............most construction trades, plumbers/electricians
etc all pick up business via the network of drinkers in the local public house

very enterprizing !

off for a pint now ...............I wish..............got 5 mindies after school !!