PDA

View Full Version : Just been brave

Pipsqueak
29-10-2009, 04:00 PM
and I throughly enjoyed the experience.

I took my 3yr old mindee swimming.

My neighbour was taking my kids down so I thought I'd take mindee (I was going to take her into soft play instead).

I asked mum if it was ok to take her yesterday and mum said yes but she is not confident about the water at all - and I know that my mindee is not a confident child about most things. Mum said she;d never taken her in the big pool either.

I was all prepared for clingy squealy child but nope nothing of the sort, got her straight into the big pool and we all had a whale of a time. Even got her jumping in with no armbands/woggle or floats:clapping:

It an experience I can only ever do if my neighbour is there with my son - so that means half terms/holidays but I really loved the experience.:clapping: And mindee is over the moon with herself!

Angela234
29-10-2009, 04:07 PM
Sounds like you had a great time

avril
29-10-2009, 04:10 PM
It's great taking mindees swimming mine have loved it when I occasionally go. My Mum takes my little chap and I have the mindee, I love watching them tell their parents at home time what fun they've had as it's not an everyday experience to go with me!:D

emler
29-10-2009, 04:45 PM
sounds fab Pip :thumbsup:

carebear25
29-10-2009, 05:50 PM
Sounds like u had a good time, ive missed my swimmin with ds this week as mindee not confident at all in water... Asked his mum bout takin him an she advised mayb not a good idea so didnt get to go....

angeldelight
29-10-2009, 05:52 PM
A great day for you then

Sounds great pip :clapping:

Angel xx

Blue Boy
29-10-2009, 06:23 PM
Well done! I have taken mindees swimming a couple of times, the only problem I found was that my own dd aged 9 kep asking me to play with her and go in the deep end. It was hard but ust made up games that they could all join in with.

Love
Mick xx

tinynippers
29-10-2009, 07:36 PM
sounds like you had great fun, and should go as often as you can xx:clapping:

lovemyprams
30-10-2009, 10:30 PM
I used to take a 2yr old and a 1yr old every Monday. They absolutely loved it:) Their parents thought I was fab for taking them too. I loved taking them too but, I did find it seemed to take forever to change them and dry off afterwards. (my own children are older and dress themselves).

They had a lovely long sleep afterwards too as so tired.

I cant go now as have 3 under 2.5yrs so pool will only allow 2 non-swimmers per adult (not that I would go with 3 even if I could).

I really miss our Monday swims.:(

Blaze
31-10-2009, 12:12 AM
Sounds great - I haven't been swimming for years - our local pool only allows one adult child - so can't even take my own children!:(

Pipsqueak
31-10-2009, 09:16 AM
Sounds great - I haven't been swimming for years - our local pool only allows one adult child - so can't even take my own children!:(

Our pool only allows you to take in 1 non-swimmer per adult, so I had Iz my mindee and my neighbour had James - my eldest two are good strong swimmers so they disappeared off into the deep end and on the floats
:thumbsup: