PDA

View Full Version : As well as childminding I want to include overnight care and babysitting option..

tinytigers
02-03-2008, 01:38 PM
is there anything extra I need to do other than the normal policies and procedures?

sarah707
02-03-2008, 03:24 PM
Babysitting is a different thing to minding and as far as I know that's just something you do in your own time...

For overnight care there are regulations about smoke alarms, fire escapes during the night, keeping children in your hearing at all times...and probably more.

I would give Ofsted a ring and ask them to confirm :D

cornetjo
03-03-2008, 12:26 PM
I am doing the ICP course at the moment, and one of our class asked that question last week. We were told that to have children overnight we would have to be registered as foster carers. I dont know if different areas have different policies though, this was for the South Wales area.

tinytigers
03-03-2008, 12:42 PM
Thats strange isnt it. I just thought of doing it as a service for people that work nights.

Will just have to wait and ask at my ICP on Wednesday. Thanks

Banana
03-03-2008, 12:52 PM
We dont have to be registered as foster carers for overnight stays.... i've never heard of this? Is it just in a certain area?

Im registered for overnight stays, just look at the standards on overnight care, as long as you meet the requirements there should be no problem

x

lishylee
03-03-2008, 09:38 PM
hi im still waiting for my certificate to arrive but i have been told i can look after 1 child under 5 overnight (havent got the room for anymore as i dont want to use my kids bedrooms )

leanne x

sarah707
03-03-2008, 09:45 PM
hi im still waiting for my certificate to arrive but i have been told i can look after 1 child under 5 overnight (havent got the room for anymore as i dont want to use my kids bedrooms )

leanne x

That's great news Leanne... when do you start do you think? :D

LittleMissSparkles
03-03-2008, 09:47 PM
I'm registered for over night care for one child aged 2 + but as yet have had no enquiries xxx

Noodles
03-03-2008, 10:24 PM
No overnight care in this house i like the evenings to myself and family.
Also i have no room for any more my 5 bedrooms are fully occupied :laughing: :laughing:

Heaven Scent
04-03-2008, 08:50 AM
I am reg for it - see standards and no need to be reg as foster carers - I think your tutors need to do ICP course.

Celine

buildingblocks
04-03-2008, 06:17 PM
I am doing the ICP course at the moment, and one of our class asked that question last week. We were told that to have children overnight we would have to be registered as foster carers. I dont know if different areas have different policies though, this was for the South Wales area.

Not as far as I know as I have been registered for overnight care as a childminder not a foster carer

lollismum
08-03-2008, 10:26 AM
hi
i am registered to have 2 children overnight......:panic: :eek:
and i didnt have to register as a foster carer, must just be in that area????
as long as you have the space you should be ok??:thumbsup:
i havent had any enquires yet??:(
good luck xx

Spangles
08-03-2008, 11:43 AM
I didn't register for overnight care because I don't want to do it plus I don't have a spare bedroom.

I do babysitting though which I just do on the side nothing to do with my childminding.