PDA

View Full Version : to charge or not to charge

mushpea
29-10-2009, 09:34 AM
hi its my sons birthday today so i told the parent of the only child i have today that i would not be providing tea as we are going out for tea, she then said as its my boys birthday she would try and pick up about 4.30pm insted of 5.30pm , he is contracted to 6pm and is never here past 5.30pm and i always charge the conracted hours. she also dropped off 7.30am insted of 8am tuesday which i said i wouldnt charge her extra for as she always picks up eary.
anyway i dont know what to do about today, if she picks up early do it stil charge till 6pm or do i stop charging when she collects as shes picked up early due to it being my sons birthday (i didnt ask her to do this).
what would you do.

Straws
29-10-2009, 09:40 AM
I always stick to my contract, and make no adjustments for early collection unless I have asked for it.

Straws xx

The Juggler
29-10-2009, 09:41 AM
personally, as she offered and you didn't ask I wouldn't offer a refund. However, I might say next time she needs extra time, you'll do it for free in return.

what a nice lady.

Daftbat
29-10-2009, 10:22 AM
You haven't said you wouldn't be available until the normal time so i would charge as normal

Blue Boy
29-10-2009, 11:29 AM
personally, as she offered and you didn't ask I wouldn't offer a refund. However, I might say next time she needs extra time, you'll do it for free in return.

what a nice lady.

I fully agree this will show the parent that you are willing to be flexable and fair.

Love
Mick xx