PDA

View Full Version : Slow cooker: advice needed cooking chicken

ajs
29-10-2009, 08:39 AM
i just want to know your opinions
i am going out at about 10 and may not be back until 6 do you think a whole chicken will be ok left for that long

i will put a lemon in the pot and some onions and then the whole chicken and set it on low but was worried that if i left it that long it will over cook

what do you think

Roseolivia
29-10-2009, 09:31 AM
Not sure, does your cooker have a low setting. Maybe look on the net

katickles
29-10-2009, 10:26 AM
I'd say yes :)

LittleMissSparkles
29-10-2009, 10:39 AM
it will be fine mandy will drop to pieces when you take it out dont worry go out and enjoy your shopping with Miffy xxxxx

Tam's Tribe
29-10-2009, 11:01 AM
Hi . . . I have cooked a whole chicken in the slow cooker . . . on at 10am on high (it was my first time and I wanted to make sure it was cooked in time for after schoolies) and it was ready and delicious (and no one got sick :D ) by 4pm!

As suggested above, perhaps leave it on the low setting and whack up to high for a bit when you get home to make sure it is properly cooked.

Enjoy your shopping trip!

Loveis
Tam
x

p.s. the meat just drops off the bones . . . it is delicious!

Tam's Tribe
29-10-2009, 11:02 AM
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Just noticed the time . . . you are already out!!! . . . so my advice is tooooooooooooooooooooooooooo late!

kindredspirits
29-10-2009, 04:21 PM
:eek: :eek: I actually read the title as 'advice needed cooking children' and thought this must be a jokey thread lets have a look!! :laughing: :laughing: i don't have any advice cooking chicken but children take about 6 hours in the slow cooker before they're really tender :D

Chatterbox Childcare
29-10-2009, 04:47 PM
I leave mine for ages. it is when it is turned off and left warm that the bacteria will grow

Did you buy much?

ajs
29-10-2009, 05:17 PM
hi
because none of you answered in time i tried it and have just got home to it
the house smells lovley and the chicken looks fine

i didn't buy very much but had a fab time with miffy she is such a good laugh we chatted and laughed all around the shops.
after she left i went back to debenhams to look for pressies for xmas and found a radley bag for my daughter that was £85 reduced to £70 as it was old stock then because it was slightly marked reduced by another 20% so i paid £56 for a £85 bag
she will be thrilled and if she decides that it isn't the one she wants then hubby can give it to me instead

angeldelight
29-10-2009, 05:54 PM
:eek: :eek: I actually read the title as 'advice needed cooking children' and thought this must be a jokey thread lets have a look!! :laughing: :laughing: i don't have any advice cooking chicken but children take about 6 hours in the slow cooker before they're really tender :D

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Glad you had a good day Mandy

Angel xx

katickles
29-10-2009, 08:38 PM
Sounds lik ethe chicken will have been delish & a good shopping trip too!:D