PDA

View Full Version : I need some help

angiemog
28-10-2009, 09:35 PM
Hi All,
I've had the call to say Ofsted are coming for my 1st inspection. I'm a bit confused over the levels of development and how to plan to help a child meet the next level. I'm ok with my observations (sort of) and I understand how to plan to help a child ie if a child has shown an interest in a certain toy then I can use that to create another activity or expand my resources. But how do I gauge where a child is at and then help them to progress to another level? Do I use the handbook for the EYFS where it lists the areas of development? Also how and where do I document it? Do I need to be doing something else other than my usual 2 obs a month and my photo learning journal/scrapbook? I know I am also supposed to be involving parents in this. I do get feed back when I do my obs. It comes across i need to documenting more. Please help.........Hope I've explained that well enough. Thank you everyone..... x

sarah707
28-10-2009, 09:49 PM
You need some way of showing progression.

You've got your obs... you've got your next steps planning... you're missing out the assessment bit.

You need to look at the Eyfs ages and stages info for the child and work out where he is in relation to the grids.

Armed with that info, there are lots of ideas for where he can go next.

Does that make sense? :D

David Sheppard
28-10-2009, 09:52 PM
Hi,

I know you'll get loads of great advice here. But, do you have a childminding coordinator or support childminder to come and give you some face-to-face assistance?

Regards

David

angeldelight
29-10-2009, 07:53 AM
Good advice from Sarah

Hope you are ok

Good luck

Angel xxx

Pudding Girl
29-10-2009, 08:01 AM
No advice as in Scotland, but lots of luck! :)