PDA

View Full Version : Whats the strangest thing a child has brought with them

Hopscotch
02-03-2008, 12:24 PM
Whats the strangest thing a child has brought with them, i opened the door the other day and X was clutching a pack of orange jelly his mum said he grabbed it from the cupboards and the only way she could get him to leave the house was to bring it with him, it made me laugh so much when i opened the door at 7:30 to see a 2yr old clutching a pack of jelly and holding on to it for dear life.
Bev X:clapping: :laughing:

ajs
02-03-2008, 01:58 PM
oh that is so sweet.
can't think of anything if i do i'll be back xx:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

susi513
02-03-2008, 03:46 PM
A carrier bag of rubbish.

I got him to glue/sellotape it all together and he took it all home again. :D

flora
02-03-2008, 04:07 PM
a long time ago when I was working in a nursery a little girl routinely turned up with a warm t cosy on her head!!!! She apparently took it off the pot, put it on her head, put on her shoes and cycled with her mum to nursery! It was all we could do to get her to take it off. She was a very strange child and not just because of the t cosy. :D

Pipsqueak
02-03-2008, 04:09 PM
This looks like it will be a funny thread!

My young lady often turns up with nail polish and mum says I can apply it if I want (never have done yet, can't even do my nails let alone anyone elses!).

sarah707
02-03-2008, 04:17 PM
A carrier bag of rubbish.

I got him to glue/sellotape it all together and he took it all home again. :D

Ewww! How horrible! :eek:

flora
02-03-2008, 04:21 PM
If it wasn't for confidentiality I could post some pictures that would make you howl and Vik, that would def be a funny thread.

I have one mindee who has very...... shall we say avant garde fshion sense.
My favourite is a tiger print fake fur coat, worn in summer with school dress, long socks and trainers.
Closely followed by stripey two tone tights (pink) worn with a dress that would fit a 2yr old nothing else and a pair of flat white mules. The dress barely covered her knickers!
And then the other day she is going to school in one long black sock, one short bluey grey one, and a skirt that is so short it looked like a belt.
All of these are added to the fact that she has cut a lump out of her fringe ( all the way to her scalp) at the front so looks a little strange while it grows back bless her.:laughing:

Pipsqueak
02-03-2008, 04:24 PM
You have pictures of the child dressed this way - she'll love that when she gets older!!! How old is she???

Bless her for doing her own thing:D

flora
02-03-2008, 04:31 PM
You have pictures of the child dressed this way - she'll love that when she gets older!!! How old is she???

Bless her for doing her own thing:D

She is now 7. And yes I hate myself for it, but I do take pictures, and then when I'm feeling down I only have to look and they cheer me up no end.
I think she's great for being an individual but...... the kids at school are not always so kind and neither are their parents for that matter. So on the one hand I think it is good and then maybe not so good????
We as a family are a little "odd" possibly unconventional, but there are times you do have to tone it down a bit??? Society for all it's pc ways is not always as accepting as it should be:)

Twinkles
02-03-2008, 10:15 PM
She is now 7. And yes I hate myself for it, but I do take pictures, and then when I'm feeling down I only have to look and they cheer me up no end.
I think she's great for being an individual but...... the kids at school are not always so kind and neither are their parents for that matter. So on the one hand I think it is good and then maybe not so good????
We as a family are a little "odd" possibly unconventional, but there are times you do have to tone it down a bit??? Society for all it's pc ways is not always as accepting as it should be:)

She'll probably end up being a fashion designer!!

The strangest thing a mindee of mine ever bought was a plastic lunch box containing a lump of parmesan cheese for her lunch !!! ( nothing else ) She was only 1 yr old and I thought it was a really odd lunch to give her. So I made her some sandwiches instead - what odd parents I thought!! I fessed up to her mum about what I had done and she was mortified, she'd grabbed the wrong box out of the fridge that morning. We still laugh about it five years later.

peggy
02-03-2008, 10:52 PM
my mindee without fail comes to me with odd socks on! He's only two, so its not his fault, but it is so blatant, one red and one blue for example!! It makes me laugh though!

Trouble
02-03-2008, 11:00 PM
i had a child who used to come with a stuffed dog doesnt sound weird but it had a half chewed soggy wet ear that he used to suck Filthy and she wondered why he was always ILL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

miffy
03-03-2008, 07:16 AM
my mindee without fail comes to me with odd socks on! He's only two, so its not his fault, but it is so blatant, one red and one blue for example!! It makes me laugh though!

Aah that reminds me of a child I look after who is the same but he has asperger's syndrone and that is one of his little quirks

Strangest thing that's happened to me was a child taking a sheeps skull to school! Yuk!!!!! It had to go in the garage until we left and back there at night until the child was collected

Miffy xx

RedDragon
10-03-2008, 06:18 PM
A hot water bottle.

Parent asked me politely if I would let her walk with it to school.

No gloves, no scarf, short socks, light jacket. :panic:

deeb66
10-03-2008, 07:13 PM
I have had a child turn up with the dog blanket!

The most hairy smelly thing you have ever seen :(

Mum said he wouldn't come without it and she told him that he could look after it all day :eek:

yeah right.....soon as she was gone it went into a carrier bag which was tied up and deposited outside front door!

Banana
10-03-2008, 08:11 PM
:laughing:

These are funny!!

oddest thing...... well one of my mindees is constantly brining an empty cake box, mixing bowl and a spoon........ he likes to make cakes...all the time. He would sit and do this all day if I let him :rolleyes:

x

angeldelight
11-03-2008, 06:57 AM
Thought all your answers were really funny haha

Angel xx

sandy
11-03-2008, 08:47 AM
Parents !!!!

crazybones
11-03-2008, 10:37 AM
Parents !!!!

:ROFL1: :ROFL1: :ROFL1:

Annie x

deeb66
11-03-2008, 03:02 PM
Parents !!!!

http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Laughing/lol-045.gif

Definately!!!

ma7ie
11-03-2008, 03:09 PM
So true!!!

http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/laughing024.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org)

Amanda
11-03-2008, 03:13 PM
I had a child arrive in Feb with a Jif lemon. His mum had called into shop on the way, apparently child picked up lemon and wouldn't set it down - he's only 10 months!!!!

Amanda

Banana
11-03-2008, 04:38 PM
LOL

Yes - parents defifnitly wins hands down!!

x

Michelle M
11-03-2008, 09:24 PM
This thread is so funny

Michelle xx

Cammie Doodle
11-03-2008, 10:29 PM
I had a 3 yrs old arrive frequently with a vanity case FULL of make up , nail varnish, perfume etc . In fact she arrived some mornings at 7.30 with make up all over her face (Mummy let her make herself up on the way to my house :eek: ) I used to hid it (whilst she was occupied with toys etc) till home time. ;)

lisat
11-03-2008, 11:08 PM
One little boy I used to mind would not leave the house without his wooden spoon! Trouble was, he used to pretend it was a drumstick on everything, including the other kids! so i would try to distract him and hide it everyday!!!

Lisa xx

phoebe-alice
05-09-2010, 06:01 PM
i had a child who used to come with a stuffed dog doesnt sound weird but it had a half chewed soggy wet ear that he used to suck Filthy and she wondered why he was always ILL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have a little girl who has exactly the same! She either has an elephant a dog or fox which if she had her own way she would have all day long!
She sucks the legs and gets her "sucky" when shes tired or upset and can't sleep if shes not got it.
I just hate even having to pick it up its gross, the mum said just never pick it up by the legs. :panic:
I'd think now she's at nursery her mum would take it away but no.. so now when shes with me she only gets it when she really nearly needs it but that doesn't stop her asking for it all day. I can't see the good thing out of sucking a filthy teddy.
But oh wells I guess the parents always right hehe. :rolleyes:
Phoebe x x

kindredspirits
05-09-2010, 06:31 PM
my mindee came last week with a rattling box - which i opened to find it full of drawing pins :eek: :eek: She is only 2 - needless to say it was swiftly put away! :laughing: She has also come before with a 'proper' cup insted of a sippy cup - which i fill with water and she pours it over her head :rolleyes: - not down her clothes by accidently, over her head like shes having a hairwash!! :laughing: :laughing:

PixiePetal
05-09-2010, 06:56 PM
breakfast - either toast or dry cheerios in a bowl.

guess they are in a hurry some mornings :rolleyes:

Gizmo
05-09-2010, 07:08 PM
3 mars bars 1 for her and 2 for my dd's cos Mum didnt think it was fair she didnt get sweets at my house, they went home with her aswell, she turned up the next day with 3 bananas :ROFL1: :ROFL1:

SimplyLucy
05-09-2010, 07:46 PM
A royal python snake....yes a real live one! :eek:

My mindee was so proud of his pet that I let him bring it for the day! I have a royal python myself, plus lots of corn snakes so it really wasn't that shocking!

Fortunalty he was in his faunarium, and as I'd had prior warning I set up a hat mat and stat to put it on!

OH and the other children thought it was wonderful, however I turned down the request to bring a cat, dog, rabbit and goldfish from the other mindees!

Chell
05-09-2010, 08:30 PM
A violent 18 certificate XBox game, he is allowed to play them at home and carriers them around like a comforter! Mum couldn't understand why his preschool complained that he had it in his bag.

Tinglesnark
05-09-2010, 08:51 PM
3 mars bars 1 for her and 2 for my dd's cos Mum didnt think it was fair she didnt get sweets at my house, they went home with her aswell, she turned up the next day with 3 bananas :ROFL1: :ROFL1:

love it

jadylasa
05-09-2010, 09:00 PM

I do have to say, it's good mum sent for your children as well, I had a 2 year old who used to come in eating a doghnut/tube of smarties/a biscuit, anything that wansn't part of my healthy eating. He was already tucking in walking into my house so i couldn't take it off him, but no thought by mum was ever given for my own 4 children, who have been told they can't have these kind of snacks whilst I'm minding! i hated it, seeing my children's faces whilst he gorged on these things, my 1 year old would go up to him and attempt to take some off him and he'd just bark "mine!" with a mouth full of rubbish. I was constantly saying to mum, can she make sure he's finished before coming, but she'd just say, oh I thought he would have finished it by now!

suzyblue
06-09-2010, 09:50 AM
I had a little girl that wore some great outfits, one day she came with a multi coloured-no way matching- outfit with a swimming suit over the top. Trouble was I had to take her on all the school runs!

I had another little boy, whose dad was a doctor- he used to turn up with all sorts of medical equipment and books detailing the human insides!

mummyof3
06-09-2010, 10:26 AM
The handle off a brush yes the huge stick :eek:

Mum said he screamed when she took it off him so she let him bring it to play with HE IS 18mths OLD :eek: :eek:

No wonder he screams to get his own way with me all the time if mum just does things to 'stop him screaming' :rolleyes:

sunflower
06-09-2010, 10:35 AM
http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Laughing/lol-045.gif

Definately!!!

PARENTS!

haha :ROFL1: :ROFL1: thats what i was going to say!

nikim
06-09-2010, 12:35 PM
a giant set of false teeth (the size of a dinner plate !!!) , mum is a dentist and they were a teaching prop for when she was a student dentists, she found them in a cupboard at work and was going to chuck them out but thought the children may find them interesting so gave them to me :) the kids love them

Bushpig
06-09-2010, 01:04 PM
One little girl I had always rummaged in handbags... and the other kids bags... one morning she arrived with her coat on, I tried to take it off, but couldn't as her hand was in the pocket and she didn't want to take it out! After a while she took it out when she realised it was breakfast time... and she needed both hands... and.. clutched in her lil paw, was a TAMPON :laughing: :blush: Guess who had been rummaging in mum's bag again?

I hate it that parents feel the need to bribe their kids to get in the car.. I have had 2 this year, the one child won't get in or out of the car unless she is given a box of raisins... so by the time she's at mine, she's had TWO boxes... oh the nappies!!! :panic:

Another lil boy often had a flake or smarties in his lil paw... it might be convenient for the parent to keep him quiet in the car with a treat, but it was always a problem my side... when the other little kids saw this they always wanted them of course. I told the parents a few times not to bring him to mine with this kind of thing (I NEVER give my mindees junk food).. but it was like talking to a wall... and adults say KIDS don't listen??? :laughing:

fluffysocks
06-09-2010, 08:28 PM
oh the things kids do!! they make me chuckle soo much. I am looking after a 9 month old who will not sleep without sucking on the tail of his lion teddy bear! i'm paranoid he's gunna try swallowing it and suffocate.

one little boy came with his mums bright freesia pink handbag on his shoulder containing a mobile phone and wearing his mums work shoes from the car! (he was 2 years 3 months)

on a different note my 2 and a half year old fell asleep on my bibi strolli today, in the wind and rain and dint stir the whole way home. He tried to stay sitting up but eventually leaned forward resting his head on the handlebars.

x

zillervalley
06-09-2010, 08:37 PM
one day a while back
mindee came in crying( 7yrs) at time, parent brought her in the taxi, Iasked mum what was wrong and she replied Raymonds leg fell off in the Taxi :panic: I thought Raymond was the driver and had a false leg or some thing and mindee was tramered

ended up being the mindees doll :o

bexcee
07-09-2010, 12:28 PM
This post has really cheered me up :laughing: thanks everyone

Rubybubbles
07-09-2010, 12:32 PM
how old is this post:laughing: :laughing:

Miss some of the guys that posted:(