PDA

View Full Version : really worried now!

chewy sweets
28-10-2009, 05:46 PM
I might be out of work in the new year! Desperatly need some mindees lined up for after christmas. Have advertised everywhere but only had a few enquiries since i registered. Any ideas??????

Minstrel
28-10-2009, 06:29 PM
I keep my eye on a lot of childcare sites where parents can also advertise for childcare and i've notice that a lot are just starting to look out for care in Jan so fingers crossed you find someone soon. Jan seems to be popular for people going back to work (new year and all that) just like the influx we see in sept.

I look at netmums, childcare.co.uk, mumsnet etc

Good luck in your search! :thumbsup:

brightstar
28-10-2009, 06:38 PM
Our area is so quiet at the moment, very few enquiries, and those that are phoning are shopping around. Hope you get something soon though.

Daftbat
28-10-2009, 07:08 PM
Make sure your cards are everywhere, the local shops, post office etc even if you have to pay to put them up. I know that the ************* thingy is rubbish at the moment but hopefully that will be sortd soon.

Let everyone you meet know that you have vacancies, childminders and other parents alike.

Are you in Yell.com? thats free to register on.

Do you have a website - a simple one might help if people are scouring the net for info.

hayleychildcare
28-10-2009, 07:11 PM
I got business cards made and i always carry some around with me when im out and about and i hand them to anyone with a buggy......lol
cheeky i know but hey, ive had 3 calls so far from doing this :thumbsup:

breezy
28-10-2009, 07:32 PM
round here we tend to get calls round november time for January so it should start soon. keep putting the word out at toddler groups, childrens centre etc that you'll have vacancies then.

The Juggler
28-10-2009, 11:29 PM
contact social services (or your local sponsored daycare team). i always do when i have vacancies. lots of temp and several long term places have come my way via this route.

youarewhatyoueat
28-10-2009, 11:58 PM
Start looking elsewhere, register with local agencies for babysitting in local hotels and working at creches, or enquire at your local hotels direct, they are always interested in people who have a crb check already in place.

angeldelight
29-10-2009, 07:39 AM
Some good ideas from everyone

Hope you get lots of calls soon

Sending good luck vibes to you

Angel xx

Richard
29-10-2009, 10:41 AM
Have you tried searching for parents in your local area that we already have registered on childcare.co.uk?

Select, "I'm looking for a Parent/family seeking childcare" from the search box on our website and enter your full postcode.

You will be surprised at how many registered childminders are filling their vacancies by contacting parents directly to offer their childminding services.

We are also finding that a lot of childminders are doing babysitting work in the evenings. If you create a profile on our website, you can simply tick the box that says "I'm also available for babysitting" and you will also appear in the babysitter listings.

Parents are regularly looking for the most qualified babysitters to look after their children and who better than a registered childminder?

Good luck

Richard
www.childcare.co.uk