PDA

View Full Version : face paint permission

chewy sweets
28-10-2009, 02:54 PM
Has anyone got a face painting permission form i can have a look at?
Got a halloween party for mindees Friday and am doing face painting.
What sort of thing should i write on it?????

moogster1a
28-10-2009, 03:53 PM
you don't need a form for such a trivial thing. If the parents don't like it, they can wipe it off with a wipe. please let's get out of this paranoia that we need a form for everything.

sarah707
28-10-2009, 06:49 PM
Has anyone got a face painting permission form i can have a look at?
Got a halloween party for mindees Friday and am doing face painting.
What sort of thing should i write on it?????

Very important!!

Especially if children have allergies to the artificial colours used in the paints.

Ds has chronic eczema and face paints would mean he'd end up in hospital.

I would just say what you intend to do and how you intend to manage things, do a quick risk assessment for allergies to the paints and ask parents to suggest alternative experiences for their child if they say no!! (joke - ish)

hth :D

Curly Quavers
28-10-2009, 07:43 PM
Very important!!

Especially if children have allergies to the artificial colours used in the paints.

Ds has chronic eczema and face paints would mean he'd end up in hospital.

I would just say what you intend to do and how you intend to manage things, do a quick risk assessment for allergies to the paints and ask parents to suggest alternative experiences for their child if they say no!! (joke - ish)

hth :D

I agree it is really imprtant

mine would read:

I do / do not give permission for face paints to be applied to (child's name)

Date & Sign (parent)

Amaranth
28-10-2009, 07:44 PM
I totally agree with Sarah, my dd has an allergy to face paints. she can't even have them on her arms. She comes out in the most horrible itchy red rash, even if it has only been on for a couple of minutes. I would certainly get permission or at the very least ask if any of the mindees have allergies.

Please don't take this the wrong way Moogster but it is certainly not a trivial matter to a parent of a child with an allergy. I would be really cross if someone put face paints on my dd without asking first.

David Sheppard
28-10-2009, 08:03 PM
Very good point raised here.

Part of our initial documentation includes a fairly comprehensive questionnaire covering the dos and dont's of the many things we feel it appropriate to know. Whilst we ask about general allergies, I must admit I had not actually considered this. I think I'll incorporate it as another tickbox on our questionnaire rather than a separate sheet.

Thanks.

David

TheBTeam
28-10-2009, 08:23 PM
I just have a line or so in my sheet of permissions for the parent to sign, along the lines of - 'I give my permission for x to have facepaint applied'.

For all my permissions i have a disclaimer at the bottom of the sheet that says 'Where i withold permission this will be clearly indicated by striking through the relevant points' or wtte:laughing:

I must say though in all my years of minding i must have had a funny bunch of kids cos not one of them has wanted a full face paint and only a couple have wanted a small dob of red on their noses!

chewy sweets
28-10-2009, 09:24 PM
you don't need a form for such a trivial thing. If the parents don't like it, they can wipe it off with a wipe. please let's get out of this paranoia that we need a form for everything.

Sorry but i didn't think i was being paranoid nor is this a trivial matter. It may seem that things have got a bit silly with permission forms for everything- But at the end of the day these are not our children and as childminders we have to safeguard ourselves everyway possible! :thumbsup:

David Sheppard
28-10-2009, 09:47 PM
Sorry but i didn't think i was being paranoid nor is this a trivial matter. It may seem that things have got a bit silly with permission forms for everything- But at the end of the day these are not our children and as childminders we have to safeguard ourselves everyway possible! :thumbsup:

Well said :clapping: (...and the children)

nannymcflea
28-10-2009, 09:50 PM

Excuse my daughter for having eczema!:eek:

Pauline
28-10-2009, 10:14 PM

I'm curious to know why you are a member here Moogster1, all you seem to do is disagree with everything we do or say!

However, if that is how you feel I don't mind, everyone is welcome to express an opinion - but please don't do it so aggressively, there is just no need. We don't behave that way on this Forum.

My opinion is, we do need to get permission from parents, in these days of 'sue at every opportunity' you need to protect yourself.

angeldelight
28-10-2009, 10:20 PM

I respect your views although they are sometimes different and I do not agree with them

Imagine then that you are going to put face paints on a child and you have not had permission

You then one day put face paints on the children and one of them get a really really bad reaction and have to go to hospital

Can you explain what would you do then?How would you explain why you didnt think it important to get permission from a parent

How do you deal with such things if you do not have permission forms for them?

Angel xx