PDA

View Full Version : Never know what is around the corner

Chatterbox Childcare
28-10-2009, 02:40 PM
Last year I took on 2 children and there has been a lot of support required on my behalf but we worked through it.

I was asked last month if I had room for an extra mindee over 8 and after a lot of deliberating I went for it but it meant I would have to walk 2 days a week in the bad weather.

Yesterday I got notice for the 2 mindees as mum is taking redundancy and now we have the car again for the rain/sleet/snow days.

So if anyone is unsure why not take the work as you never know what will happen tomorrow/next week/next month.

Pudding Girl
28-10-2009, 02:45 PM
completely agree wih you there!!

In the last year I have gone from being full to the rafters to empty after redundancies , to taking on full timers, to them leaving, and now to little itty bitty part timers who have all seemed to magically slotted into the stupid hours i have got spare!

Daftbat
28-10-2009, 02:45 PM
Thats happened to me before now, I am quite a believer in Karma (sp?) and think that sometimes things all happen for a good reason.

Straws
28-10-2009, 10:05 PM
Funny how things turn out, I take one on and then one reduces hours, then I take another one on to make up the reduction and another increases hours, It changes from week to week.

Straws xx

mumx3
29-10-2009, 08:53 AM
yep I know the feeling, I have just replaced a mindee following redundancy but I have replaced the one lost with 3 others doing a variety of different bits and pieces. I could still do with one more but will have to wait and see what comes along. But I was a little too relaxed whenI had the one mindee then hit panic stations when things went wrong.

I am now of the opinion that if I can fit them in I should take them!

The Juggler
29-10-2009, 11:12 AM
good karma - what goes around comes around.:)

mpoppins
29-10-2009, 07:37 PM
Glad I aw this post. I am just setting up and have been pondering whether or not to put the family off who want 2 or 3 half days. It's hard when you already have one of your own cos we all still need to earn a living, but I suppose it's a start!