PDA

View Full Version : why do i bother

Bevbeetle
28-10-2009, 09:35 AM
we are having a halloween party tomorrow one mum just said why you having party tomorrow and not Fri i replied 2 mindees i have come Mon to Thur so they would miss out she said well think its to early to have it you should have it Fri :angry: i feel p****d off you do your best they just dont seem to care

Saranotts
28-10-2009, 10:52 AM
Some people are just ungrateful and rude, I wouldn't worry and just enjoy and I am sure the kids will appreciate your effort.

Sara

little chickee
28-10-2009, 10:53 AM
I really don't think kids are going to care if the party is 2 days before halloween - they will just be pleased they are having a party.

You are not required to put on a party afterall you are doing it because you want to.
This parent is very selfish and obviously couldnt care less about the other kids in your care.

Stick to your plans and try not to let it dampen your spirits (no pun intended!)

Bevbeetle
28-10-2009, 11:01 AM
thanks feel better now i was so :angry: the kids really excited , we made loads of decorations as well :clapping:

The Juggler
28-10-2009, 11:42 AM
we are having a halloween party tomorrow one mum just said why you having party tomorrow and not Fri i replied 2 mindees i have come Mon to Thur so they would miss out she said well think its to early to have it you should have it Fri :angry: i feel p****d off you do your best they just dont seem to care

:angry: :angry: tell her she can have her own party on Friday if that's what she wants.

cuffleygirl
28-10-2009, 12:10 PM
I have a similar thing - I'm doing one tonight really for my own children (yes I'm being selfish) but we are starting it in the afternoon for max no. of mindees (2 of the 3 are too young to be scared anyway) and my own childrens friends are overlapping for tea then the festivities really begin when mindees have gone.

I have a term time only child, who got wind of the party his asked me last week when it was so she could bring her child! (not here so not invited on this occasion!) - it became clear she was really after a free bit of childminding and was trying to rearrange my timing to suit herself! Cheeky wotsit! If he was in the setting he would be welcome to take part if not so be it - busmans holiday and all that!

singingcactus
28-10-2009, 12:48 PM
I'd be VERY tempted to tell her to just poke off! Seriously, the fact that you are having a party at all is something that would make me very happy if you were my childminder. Top that off with the fact you are doing it when you have the most kids would make me glad I chose you to care for my kid. Never would I dream of telling you you had chosen the wrong day :eek:

madasahatter
28-10-2009, 01:02 PM
We are having ours late...next monday after school as I am not working tomorrow and fri. Also I have very few holiday children, so many of my mindees would miss out if I had it this week. Having it late I'm hoping to pick up some reduced halloween stuff at the weekend (though I've got plenty already).

CherryBlossom
28-10-2009, 01:09 PM
Rude cow...I really really really can't stand people telling me what to do!!

Its none of her business-its your house and your party! Ignore her

x

Alibali
28-10-2009, 01:50 PM
We had one today, kids loved it! Hope the kids enjoy it!

suzyblue
28-10-2009, 04:03 PM
Childminding would be a breeze if it wasnt for the parents......:D

Blue Boy
28-10-2009, 04:13 PM
You cannot please everyone! Just remind the parent that you operate a totally inclusive and equal opportunity setting and it would be against your policies to exclude a child due to the fact that they would not be with you on a certain day.
Sally and I are taking some of our mindees tomorrow to a farm to pick pumpkins to carve out. One of the children will not be with us on Friday and a further 2 will not be with us tomorrow but will on Friday (confused, we are!)
We will be getting enough for them all to have one each, we would think of leaving anyone out.

Love
Mick

Joannechildmind
28-10-2009, 04:16 PM
we had ours yesterday as my dd went to her nans (south yorkshire) this morning and i only work until tomorrow lunchtime i had all mindoes on Tuesday so it made sense no one complained the kids loved it. :thumbsup:

Chimps Childminding
28-10-2009, 11:05 PM
June and I are having ours tomorrow, as it is our busiest day this week (3 between us :laughing: ) Most of the others are away on holiday. So we have invited a couple of ex mindees to join us as we will still be within our numbers and they only live up the road! Their mum isn't going to tell them until they leave to come over tomorrow as she said they will drive her mad asking when they are coming (bless them!!)!!!!!!!!:clapping:

Some parents just expect too much :angry:

Trouble
28-10-2009, 11:11 PM
:angry: :angry: tell her she can have her own party on Friday if that's what she wants.

i think i would of said this or so you wont be coming then:D

Bevbeetle
29-10-2009, 07:45 PM
we have had a brill day kids really enjoyed it the parent who said why am i having party today dropped boys off then said im not working today im going shopping so i wont be back till late :angry: they normally stay til 4.00pm she came at .................................................. ...............5.30pm i answered door said gosh you are late her reply ive been shopping

carebear25
29-10-2009, 07:52 PM
we have had a brill day kids really enjoyed it the parent who said why am i having party today dropped boys off then said im not working today im going shopping so i wont be back till late :angry: they normally stay til 4.00pm she came at .................................................. ...............5.30pm i answered door said gosh you are late her reply ive been shopping

cant really but wat im thinkin but OMG wat a woman :angry: :angry: :angry: