PDA

View Full Version : Help PLEASE!

shelly03
28-10-2009, 09:19 AM
Hi ive just registered and I dont know when to join NCMA and pay for insurance and tool kit. I dont have children yet and therefore havent sorted all this out. Only now im thinking if I was to get enquiries and possible mindees I will have to have all this sorted before i can take them on. However I dont want to shell out £150 and then not get any children:( What have all you people done in the process of setting up? any advice:)
Im really worried that i will not get any mindees. I have already used most of my savings for this adventure and dont see me getting anything back:(
Sorry for moaning but this is all very scary when you just dont know how its all going to work out:panic:

jaja
28-10-2009, 09:33 AM
you could always order the stuff and predate it to start in a month so that it gives you time to get sorted.... the only thing is if someone came and said i want you to start on monday then you wouldnt be ready but on the other hand if noone turns up for a while then you are kinda wasting your insurance and paying out..... look at morton michel they are cheaper for insurance, £40 per year and they do a starter pack for £126 which includes contracts and everything and you can predate your insurance details....

hope this helps xx

jaja
28-10-2009, 09:35 AM
[QUOTE] I have already used most of my savings for this adventure and dont see me getting anything back:(
QUOTE]

forgot to say it takes time but hopefully you will start getting some kids, it depends on need in your area and what is your usp, hope you get sorted soon
xxx

Straws
28-10-2009, 09:36 AM
Hi

I made my own forms, I didnt want to pay out for contracts and get no work:)

Straws xx

The Juggler
28-10-2009, 12:17 PM
I would just order some contracts, they are not so expenseive. You can make all the other forms yourself on a PC (I do now!). Have a look at the toolkit you could probably do without most of it. You might want the accident book but I use my own forms for that too.

Then, once you get a child, phone up NCMA you will be covered immediately. If a visiting parent asks about it, just say cert. is in the post. You don't want to book it just in case. Insurance is cheaper than MM with NCMA it's only the membership that bumps the cost up. However, even if you go with MM I would hold off until you start too. Just check you can get immediate cover over the phone beforehand.

I personally would hold off. I did. I registered in September then held off until my first child's start date. Otherwise 2 months wasted membership and insurance.

Good luck and welcome to the world of childminding!