PDA

View Full Version : Whooping Cough

lizzymoonshine
27-10-2009, 10:51 PM
Evening all,

Does anyone know what the recommended time is for children to stay away from the childiminding environment when they have whooping cough. mindee didnt come one Monday and had been to the doctors to be told it was whooping cough and is due to come back to me on Thursday.

thanks

Pipsqueak
27-10-2009, 11:19 PM
think its about 10 days

I haven't got my info in front of me - but if you check the nhs website it should help

PixiePetal
27-10-2009, 11:26 PM
Mine says 5 days after starting antibiotics or 21 days without.

Not checked to update but that was the last I had written

tashaleee
27-10-2009, 11:29 PM
I just looked up my info from the Health Protection Agency and it sais

5 days from commencing antibiotic treatment or 21 days from onset of illness if no antibiotic treatment

Comments on the sheet are:

Preventable by vaccination. After treatment non-infectious coughing may continue for many weeks.

You can get a list of 'guidance on infection controls in schools and other child care settings' from the HPA by phone 08701 555 455 or email hpa@prolog.uk.com (I always keep a copy with my sickness policy)

HTH

PixiePetal
27-10-2009, 11:33 PM
I just looked up my info from the Health Protection Agency and it sais

5 days from commencing antibiotic treatment or 21 days from onset of illness if no antibiotic treatment

Comments on the sheet are:

Preventable by vaccination. After treatment non-infectious coughing may continue for many weeks.

You can get a list of 'guidance on infection controls in schools and other child care settings' from the HPA by phone 08701 555 455 or email hpa@prolog.uk.com (I always keep a copy with my sickness policy)

HTH

Good, looks like mine is still current then :thumbsup: