PDA

View Full Version : can i cope with 3 under 3's....!!!!

Tiger Lilly
27-10-2009, 09:07 PM
I have just had an email from someone i know (my sons friends mum), looking for a childminder, full time for her 18 month old (i think) and a school drop off and pick up for a 5/6!! year old, to start after xmas.

If i took them on it would mean i have a 2year old
, 8 month old,
18 month old and
5 year.
old.
Then my own 5 year old and 8 year old (she is away at school in the week).

The 2 year olds mum has just found out she is having a baby...!!

I really dont know what to do, i wasnt going to take any more on, just have the 2.

But i cant help myself....

What should i do????:panic:

Chatterbox Childcare
27-10-2009, 09:09 PM
I would say go for it and see how it goes. You never know what is around the corner or where you will be once the new baby is ready to come to you.

Stanfield
27-10-2009, 09:11 PM
I have three under three but that's it!

Two are my own ... but it is non stop, hard work but fun and rewarding.

Do it, on a 4week trial maybe?

MrsT333
27-10-2009, 09:15 PM
Hi
I have my own 4 year old who has started school, my 18mth dd, then 2 one year olds 4 days a week....its hard work, nappies, milk, feeding, naps etc....but so rewarding! the little ones i have bonded with me really quickly. the worst thing is doing the school run for my son, my dd has to ride on the buggy board..it not ideal but they wont always be 1.
so go for it & good luck :)

miffy
27-10-2009, 09:21 PM
I agree with Debbie - you never know what's going to happen.

The 2yo's mum will be having maternity leave soon - she may decide not to go back to work - who knows?

Good luck

Miffy xx

Zoomie
27-10-2009, 10:21 PM
I have 3 under 2.5y two mornings a week.

It is really hard work, and you have to be seriously organised, but I love it and it is so much fun.

Have asked Ofsted if I can have a 9m too - just for 1.5 hours.

4 under 2.5y ....... perhaps I've gone mad ???????

Blackhorse
27-10-2009, 10:28 PM
well I have my dd 21 months
mindee 14 months - 3 days a week
and mindee 3 yrs + but in her development due to health issues more like a 2 yr old

then I have a 6 yr old and an 8 yr old before and after school.

sometimes I have to say that it is easier with the little ones than with the after schoolers...they seem to be more demanding and ''exhausting'' than the smaller ones....only good thing is they dont need nappies changed...:clapping:

I think you should think about whether you want the LO or not carefully befoer you say yes to mum. I dont think it is fair to just see how it goes for 4 weeks as I dont think it is completely fair on mum or LO.

But I am sure you can do it...I was worried about this myself before but I find it much better than I had expected...also sometimes I find it easier to have more kids as they have each other to play with as well...

Shirlwith3
28-10-2009, 06:39 AM
I only have my ds nearly 18yrs, dd1 14yrs & dd2 5yrs then I have
10 month old
15 month old
nearly 3yr old
I only have these 3 as they are full time & I don't intead to take any more on as it would to manic in my house as if I have older children my 5yr old will play up & I have enough of that already with her & the nearly 3yr old.

helenlc
28-10-2009, 08:17 AM
I have a 9 mth old, 18 mth old and just 2 yr old 2 days a week and a combination of 2 of them on the other days.

You do need to be organised ie getting out the house, meal times etc but so far I am enjoying it. The day certainly goes quick!!

It can be exhausting though. Before the 9 mth old started 2 weeks ago, I used to be able to have quiet time after lunch - the 18 mth old went to bed and the 2 yr old sat down and watched a bit of CBeeBies. I used to wash up the lunch things, have a tidy up, get things ready for the afternoon etc. The 9 mth old isnt in a routine yet so falls asleep any time. When he was awake during what was normally the quiet time, I struggled as I didnt get anything done.

But if needed, I could get round this by getting a play pen or something so that I can have him somewhere safe while I quickly wash up etc.

Its all trial and error and the only way you will know if you can do it, is to try it. So I would say Go for it!!:thumbsup: