PDA

View Full Version : Proud Childminder

Twinkle
27-10-2009, 08:43 PM
This morning I took my four mindee's (aged 18months to 9yrs) to M & S for juice 'n' biscuits for a treat.

Just before we left, an elderly lady and gentleman came over to our table and said how lovely it was to see children enjoying themselves but be so well-behaved and well-mannered at the same time.

I grinned from ear to ear and so did the kids! :D They made themselves certificates on the pc this afternoon to take home and show their mums :D

Chatterbox Childcare
27-10-2009, 08:45 PM
I love it when people say that. it is usually the older generation who grin from ear to ear watching us all but it is great when younger people say it to.

A credit to you obviously

Alibali
27-10-2009, 08:45 PM
Well done, you should all be proud, well deserved certificates:D

RainbowMum
27-10-2009, 08:47 PM
I hope you made yourself a certificate too:thumbsup:

sarah707
27-10-2009, 08:51 PM
That's a lovely story! Thank you for sharing ... :D

Twinkle
27-10-2009, 08:52 PM
I hope you made yourself a certificate too:thumbsup:

My certificate is in the shape of a bar of dairy milk :D

ORKSIE
27-10-2009, 08:53 PM
Bless em:clapping:

David Sheppard
27-10-2009, 09:09 PM
What a priceless memory for you, your children and now all of us you shared it with.

Thank you xxx :)

Chatterbox Childcare
27-10-2009, 09:22 PM
What a priceless memory for you, your children and now all of us you shared it with.

Thank you xxx :)

That made me giggle as it could be the master card advert

Going to the shops - 10 minutes getting on coats and shoes
Walking into shop dripping wet with rain - people staring thinking you must be mad with 4 children
Purchasing refreshments - tuts behind you as you ask each child individually what they want and wait for the answer
Comments when leaving - pricelss
Leaving the shop - on cloud 9

miffy
27-10-2009, 09:34 PM
My certificate is in the shape of a bar of dairy milk :D

My kind of certificate! :thumbsup:

Well done you!

Miffy xx

The Juggler
27-10-2009, 09:37 PM
It is lovely. This often happens when I'm with mindees. wish my own two would behave as well when we're out though:laughing:

mrs c
27-10-2009, 09:37 PM
Well Done. All credit to you. :clapping: :clapping: I have taken two mindees out for a meal and they were so well behaved I was really proud of them.
I used to take my own 4 out - (the eldest was 6 when the youngest was born) but before we went into a cafe or restaurant I would give them a mini lecture. I was thankful that they rarely misbehaved and were always given a reward for their good behaviour.

Pipsqueak
27-10-2009, 11:15 PM
:clapping: :clapping:
Thats really lovely, well done to your mindees and above all - to you.

Isn't it nice to receive a compliment - make sure you pass the good karma on and compliment a stranger soon - make their day too:thumbsup:

PixiePetal
27-10-2009, 11:21 PM
:clapping: To you all.

One nice comment can really make your day :thumbsup:

little chickee
28-10-2009, 10:56 AM
That made me giggle as it could be the master card advert

Going to the shops - 10 minutes getting on coats and shoes
Walking into shop dripping wet with rain - people staring thinking you must be mad with 4 children
Purchasing refreshments - tuts behind you as you ask each child individually what they want and wait for the answer
Comments when leaving - pricelss
Leaving the shop - on cloud 9

That made me giggle!!!! Very true but funny

Tam's Tribe
28-10-2009, 01:31 PM
You should be proud of yourself, you SUPER Childminder!!!! :clapping:

Blue Boy
28-10-2009, 04:05 PM
Well done you.:thumbsup: it is things like that that make the job worthwhile. I hope you recorded it in your daily record book, so you can point it out to they who must be obeyed (Ofsted!). Great ideaabout the certificates.

Mick