PDA

View Full Version : "Ooooh gosh I'm a little bit early / late...!"

charliegee
27-10-2009, 12:11 PM
this has been asked a lot - so sorry for repeating but I was wondering what people's thoughts are on people who drop their LO's off "a little bit early" and pick them up "a little bit late"

I've one family who are ALWAYS five - 10 mintutes early ("oooh gosh sorry I'm early!!") and about a good 5-10 minutes late ("ooooh gosh sorry I'm a bit late")

personally - if I'm happy with the family / mindee / general situation...I don't mind 5 minutes here of there (especially as I have other mindees who's parents are always early picking up so sort of balances out I say!)- although my other half thinks I should charge

what are all your thoughts on people who are always early / late?

(I mean a little bit either way....know some of you have had some shockers, you poor things!!!)

thanks everyone xxx

suzyblue
27-10-2009, 12:22 PM
I wouldnt charge but would probably make a point....like...going to the door in the morning with curlers in my hair and a cuppa in my hand and then say "Oh is it 8 o clock already? My watch must be slow!!!" and at the end of the day be standing at the door with shoes on and say "Oh I have to be at my other job now, I should have left at 6.00!!! hee hee! I do know how frustrating it can be. I used to have a parent that arrived half an hour late every day. I now have lovely parents and they are only late for a good reason. It might be worth suggesting that you change their hours on the contract to accommodate their actual times and adjust their fee accordingly. This might just encourage them to stick to their times in future. Good luck!

Mollymop
27-10-2009, 05:28 PM
I wouldn't charge them for being 5/10 mins early/late unless it happened continously. x

mrs c
27-10-2009, 10:11 PM
I have one dad who started dropping off 5 mins early and this gradually turned out to be 20mins early so have started to charge if he is more than 5 mins early. Also one mum has started to arrive late several times without even a phone call so when she is late I have the kids ready and quickly hand her their bags saying I am going out. Its really to let her know I have a life outside of minding and her being late effects me

ChocolateChip
27-10-2009, 11:46 PM
I am really lucky at the moment and KNOW I'm going to regret saying this but....
actually it's more of a pain for me when some of my parents arrive to pick up early, quite often lo's haven't finished tea, then they are all excited and don't want to eat any more, everyone else's meal gets disrupted and the parents seem to think it's ok to let the kids carry on playing for 15 mins instead of going :angry:

angeldelight
28-10-2009, 07:02 AM
I have had this problem in the past started off with 5 min early then got to 15 or 20 min early

I do not answer the door now - I explained that I do not start till whatever time and that I will be busy with my own family if they want to come early that is fine but I will not be available

Sounds harsh I know but when you have it every day for over a year its time to get tough so I did - and it worked !!!

Arriving late - I hate it if that happens because I finish at 6.30 so if a parent is late then they stand chatting for 10 min also then I feel like I do not finish till 7 and I am shattered
That does not happen much though.

If you are happy with how things are then leave it but if its started to annoy you then time to nip it in the bud I think?

Angel xx

miffy
28-10-2009, 07:46 AM
I'm with Angel on this, I don't open the door until my start time unless I've agreed with parents they can drop off early.

Must admit I dislike people picking up late unless there's a good reason so I'd be more likely to charge extra for this.

Fingers crossed though my parents are very good atm :)

Miffy xx