PDA

View Full Version : Half term - Mindee arrives at 7am - 1 hour early!

cuffleygirl
27-10-2009, 11:34 AM
This is a moan - sorry.

I have a 10year old after school and odd holiday days agreed in advance. On school holidays his contracted hours are 8-6.

This morning I'm coming out of the shower at 7am - all my own children are asleep as its half term holiday. 7am Door bell goes and there is mindee alone on doorstep, obviously I let him in "Dad dropped me off early as he has to be in work early today" - Mum not on the scene, when Dad collected yesterday he never mentioned this. 7.10am I get a text from Dad, hope you didn't mind I had to be in early!

Guess what I DO MIND - I mind alot:angry: but there is nothing I can do about it now and its going to be a long long day.

Dad had better be ready with an apology, proper explanation and a promise that it never ever happens again.

angeldelight
27-10-2009, 11:37 AM
I would text back and say " We were all in bed and next time could you let me know in advance please - plus you will also need to pay extra " Then I would also ask if he wants to change his contract times

Arriving an hour early is a bit much and I would nip it in the bud before he does it again

Good luck

Angel xxx

Ripeberry
27-10-2009, 11:38 AM
Charge him double-time. Should stop him in future. :angry: for you. At least my parents ask first, even if it's the night before by e-mail (lucky I check them regularly)

Goatgirl
27-10-2009, 11:44 AM
Hi cuffleygirl,
Don't apologise for moaning: you've every reason to! How rude of the Dad to do this for a start: I agree you should leave him in no doubt as to the unacceptability of his behaviour.
But also, how irresponsible! What if you'd been out - unlikely I know, but its possible you may have gone shopping early or popped to a friend's house.

I'd remind him of whatever your notice period is for changes to contracted hours, remind him they're only ok if AGREED and definitely charge for the time and an 'early' fee on top. He wont do it again in a hurry I'll bet ;)

How annoying; my day goes haywire if I don't get a bit of time to myself before the chaos begins - Hope you manage to get a cuppa at some point and chill out :)

bws,
Wendy

Daftbat
27-10-2009, 11:45 AM
I can't believe some parents.

You definitely need to get this sorted out today - make sure they realise that its not acceptable to take you for granted and expect you to just pick up the slack.

Hope the child in question is good for you today - its a shame for them being messed about too.

David Sheppard
27-10-2009, 11:48 AM
Is this the first time this has happened? If it is, then make sure your feelings are very clearly known to the parents. If not, then perhaps they think it is okay, as you have been accommodating previously, without actually telling them how you feel.

Respond to the text saying that you are certainly not happy the child was left on your doorstep at 7am, alone, without your prior consent and that you need to speak to the parents when they are to collect later. Be very firm that this is entirely unacceptable and that you will not be opening the door in future until the agreed time.

This is a classic case of you being taken for granted and the parent having no respect for the services you provide. Unless you make your feelings clearly known, they will continue to take advantage.

Ask yourself, 'What is the worst that can happen?' The answer is that either you or they terminate the contract. If they have any respect for you at all they will be sorry and make amends for there indiscretion.

Good luck, and stay calm.

David