PDA

View Full Version : corks and wat to do with them.

kellym3
27-10-2009, 10:00 AM
and i dont mean for you all to say put them in the top of a wine bottle he he. My sister an hubby own a resterant so my dd asked then to save her the wine corks for art/craft but i cant think wat to use them or do with them minds gone blank all i keep coming up with is a cork board not very exciting so need your help what ideas do you have or used .thanks kelly

mama2three
27-10-2009, 10:19 AM
they would make great puppets all strung together? use them for stamping and painting? make them into little boats for floating / sinking activities? cover them in glitter and use them as baubles for the xmas tree? erm , thats all for now!!!

David Sheppard
27-10-2009, 10:52 AM
I don't want to sound like a downer, but if they are from restaurant wine bottles, do they still contain traces of the wine? If they are the natural cork ones they absorb more than the newer man-made material type. I'm not sure if you could put them in a string bag and put them through the dishwasher first.

You can certainly often get clean, unused, corks from places like material banks. And they are really brilliant for all manner of craft activities like those described above.

Perhaps the best use is to demonstrate how they float and other materials don't. So just stick them in your water play and let the children discover their own uses for them.

Regards

David

katickles
27-10-2009, 11:06 AM
What about painting them & making necklace's

You could put some paint in a tray & cover them then roll them about on paper to make different pattens - maybe turn that into wrapping paper?

urm...... make faces on them & decorate with wool for hair etc

......make some domino's out of them??

Gosh I am thinking of bizzare things now so will leave my over imaginative brain alone, :laughing:

madasahatter
27-10-2009, 02:53 PM
I just give them a wash. You don't need to worry about about any left over alcohol because if the cork is dry then the alcohol will have evaporated. You may still be able to smell the wine though.
(same goes for the alcohol that you feed christmas cakes with, by the time you get to christmas the alcohol will have evaporated unless you were feeding it right up to the day LOL).