PDA

View Full Version : giving notice.

funtoplay
27-10-2009, 08:33 AM
Hi,

I am giving notice to all my children this week, prior to our move to Cyprus. However i am so so nervous about doing it. I plan to give tell them each on the last day I have them this week. So it all starts tomorrow!! I am giving them 7 weeks notice even though on the contracts it states 4. This is mainly so I can start packing up the house. I also have a few numbers of childminders i know for them to ring.

I suppose i just have to grit my teeth and say it. Thats why i am telling them on their last day this week so i don't see them till next week, when it might have sunk in.

J

Pipsqueak
27-10-2009, 08:35 AM
even when we have to give notice in 'nice terms' (ie the contract hasn't gone sour) its still really hard.

You are giving them plenty of notice - perhaps you could offer to ask around some of your c/m friends if anyone has vacancies etc???

How exciting, moving to Cyprus:thumbsup:

katickles
27-10-2009, 08:43 AM
Good luck with the move - sounds like a fab reason to give notice to me :D

mrs c
27-10-2009, 08:44 AM
Its going to be an awful week for you handing out notices. Sooner its done the better though then its a worry off your mind and you are at least giving them 7 weeks.
Good Luck!

LittleMissSparkles
27-10-2009, 08:47 AM
WOW Cyprus I bt you cant wait ! It might be hard hunnie to give everyone their notice but think of your future in the sun and dont feel bad, you are giving plenty of notice and are obviously trying to help them find alternative care xxxxx

Lots of luck and hapiness in your future new home in Cyprus xxxx

mama2three
27-10-2009, 08:49 AM
just think of it as 1 step nearer your life in the sun! and parents will appreciate 7 weeks to sort something out - Im sure they'll be happy for you x

funtoplay
27-10-2009, 08:50 AM
Its going to be an awful week for you handing out notices. Sooner its done the better though then its a worry off your mind and you are at least giving them 7 weeks.
Good Luck!

You are right there, i feel like it is a huge barrier at the moment i can't see past. We have known a couple of weeks now but wanted to wait until all the paperwork was in place! I know a parent would give me just the 4 weeks and not worry but I am really worried. There are 7 children to find alternative care and there isn't much around at the moment. I have found a couple of childminders with spaces but I have never hidden the fact my husband is in the army and that we will move at some point.

My husband is itching to pack, since he goes in 4 weeks. I went to tesco this week when I came back half my minding toys were in boxes and the coat pegs were off the wall!!! So asked him where thew children were supposed to hang their coats...he didn't really have an answer. No one mentioned it yesterday though, they were all happy to chuck their coats on the floor!!

I will let you know how it all goes!
J

David Sheppard
27-10-2009, 08:52 AM
I'm sure your parents will be as excited for you, and equally as sad at you leaving, as all those reading your post here.

I wouldn't be surprised if some of them would secretly want to come with you!

Good luck in your new life,

David

brightstar
27-10-2009, 09:53 AM
God luck with your new life and don't feel too guilty. Those childminders are going to benefit, so think about it like that.

miffy
27-10-2009, 11:17 AM
Good luck - hope it goes OK - I'm sure your "parents" will be pleased for you

Miffy xx

Kelly
29-10-2009, 09:48 PM
:crying: :crying: :crying: because your going :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: Because I've already booked my flights!

funtoplay
05-11-2009, 04:34 PM
Yay can't wait to see you in Cyprus Kelly!!!!!!

Well have given everyone notice now!!! And you you know, it went ok!!! A few "oh No" but just glad I can now look forward to my move!!!!!

Had a knock on the door today and it was one of my mindee's Nanny.Well she bought me a box of chocolates for looking after her grand daughter!!!
It was so nice!!!!!

Julia

Chatterbox Childcare
05-11-2009, 05:35 PM
Cyprus wow. I am sure the parents will be thrilled for you but at the same time sad for their children

sarah707
05-11-2009, 06:07 PM
We have a member - Carla - on here from Cyprus.. have you 2 chatted yet?

I'm sure she'll be able to give you lots of tips.

Take care x

tinynippers
05-11-2009, 06:39 PM
We have a member - Carla - on here from Cyprus.. have you 2 chatted yet?

I'm sure she'll be able to give you lots of tips.

Take care x

i actually sent a pm not long before you posted this xxx offered any help i can give xxx

sarah707
05-11-2009, 06:54 PM
i actually sent a pm not long before you posted this xxx offered any help i can give xxx

Great minds think alike! :D