PDA

View Full Version : hubby as assistant

clare78
26-10-2009, 08:55 PM
i was wondering what i would need to do to get my hubby as my assistant.

i was going to send an email tomorrow but dont no where to start being thinking about doing this for awhile but never got round to doing it.

could anybody tell what i need to do or help me with the wording for an email not very good at sending them to important people.

:o :o :o

jumpinjen
26-10-2009, 09:51 PM
My friends has her hubby for an assistant, he needed a CRB and she sent him on first aid training just to be safe, but it's not required. Best advice is to cal ofsted and ask for what you need to do.... I ask them things and they are always really helpful... it usually does then involve an e-mail after but i ask what i sould say in the e-mail and they tell me that too!!

have you looked in the EYFS booklet about employing an assistant?

Also, I'm sure the bromley site have some info on it!

Good luck, Jenni

JJAY
13-03-2010, 11:29 AM
I am in the process of adding my hubby as an assistant. I gave OFSTED a call and they emailed me the relevant form, which I have filled in and sent off.
If you want your husband to work as your assistant he needs a CRB check, which OFSTED apply and pay for. He should already have one if he lives on the same premises as you childmind on
If you need your husband to work unsupervised then he will also need to have a valid peadiatric first aid certificate. This he needs before sending off the form as OFSTED require a copy of it.
Good luck the form took me ages to fill in and i'm still waiting for a reply.

clare78
13-03-2010, 01:31 PM
i filled in my form last october it took about a week to get a reply.

my hubby is now on a registration course to be a registered childminder aswell we will then work together.

hope you dont wait to long for a reply.

:thumbsup: