PDA

View Full Version : First Grading Inspection with CC

Curly Quavers
26-10-2009, 07:05 PM
Hey,

I am just wondering how and normally when after registering do you hear from the care commission about your first grading inspection.

I have been up and running for just about 6 months and wonder what my next step is. Will they contact me when I can start filling in my self assessment thingy online.

Are any of you in your first year and dealing with the care commission?

Hope this makes sense.

Alibali
26-10-2009, 07:49 PM
They send you out a letter with questionnaires at least 28 days before inspection, usually about a year after registered, however I believe they are very busy!

Pudding Girl
28-10-2009, 02:49 PM
I was inspected around 10 months past first registration inspection, they will send you a letter saying you have 4 weeks to complete and eneter your e form and after that it is supposed to be inspection within 4 weeks, but they are rather behind.
You would typically get a week or two's notice by phone, but I have heard of a few people getting an hour or two!!

Celtic Star
20-11-2009, 02:42 PM
I was inspected after 6 mths and was graded 4's across the board with no recommendations. She was in and out within 1 1/2 hrs as well which was surprising

Blackhorse
20-11-2009, 02:48 PM
I am in my first year of dealing with the CC

I got registered in May but didnt start minding till September.

My CCO also resigned and they havent told me who my new inspector is yet. And I havent asked them as I didnt want to draw their attention to me...LOL

I hope my first grading inspection wont be till about May next year as this will give me some more time to properly get up and running and make sure I have enough evidence etc....as it is not like I started minding straight away after registering as it took me ages to find my first mindees!

I thought it would be better to see the online evalution form from the start so you know what you are working towards as well.
in my previous job we had an online self evaluation happening yearly. but we knew at the start of the year what the goals/questions etc in the form where so we could already work towards filling it in and it wasnt a mad rush to get everything done at the end of the year....

Curly Quavers
20-11-2009, 03:20 PM
I thought it would be better to see the online evalution form from the start so you know what you are working towards as well.
in my previous job we had an online self evaluation happening yearly. but we knew at the start of the year what the goals/questions etc in the form where so we could already work towards filling it in and it wasnt a mad rush to get everything done at the end of the year....

I would like this to.

I am at the stage now where I would like my inspection sooner rather than later so I know what I am working towards.

Pudding Girl
20-11-2009, 04:51 PM
Have you had your online log in things from the CC? I *think* that the eform does go up a bit before you get your letter to say you need to submit it, but don't quote me on that.

Curly Quavers
20-11-2009, 04:55 PM
Have you had your online log in things from the CC? I *think* that the eform does go up a bit before you get your letter to say you need to submit it, but don't quote me on that.

I haven't received anything yet, do you think I should phone and ask?

Pudding Girl
20-11-2009, 04:58 PM
You may be able to do it from their website?