PDA

View Full Version : Two year old mindee did something amazing

amirose
26-10-2009, 06:40 PM
I took her to the park, or playground as she calls it (miss smarty pants :p ), and she was watching my six year old mindee attempting the monkey bars. She immediately screamed "J do it J do it" and rushed over and started climbing the ladder which is 6 foot. Heart in my mouth I have rushed over but didn't want to stop her as she did it with absolute confidence. She got to the top and immediately stuck her arm out and swung onto it with no hesitation. I was supporting her legs in case she fell but with no real strength and I just helped swing her across (shes only two her arms aren't that long!) while she moved her hands across the bars to the other side :clapping:
She literally turned 2, 3 weeks ago :eek:
Shes so clever :D and brave!!!! :panic:
I am writing it in her learning journal but seriously other than doing it completely unassisted (no way!) whats the next steps on that?!

sweets
26-10-2009, 06:43 PM
wow! army assault course for next steps i think, or maybe gladiators?:laughing:

amirose
26-10-2009, 06:50 PM
wow! army assault course for next steps i think, or maybe gladiators?:laughing:

LOL :ROFL1: :ROFL1: :ROFL1:

The Juggler
26-10-2009, 07:01 PM
I took her to the park, or playground as she calls it (miss smarty pants :p ), and she was watching my six year old mindee attempting the monkey bars. She immediately screamed "J do it J do it" and rushed over and started climbing the ladder which is 6 foot. Heart in my mouth I have rushed over but didn't want to stop her as she did it with absolute confidence. She got to the top and immediately stuck her arm out and swung onto it with no hesitation. I was supporting her legs in case she fell but with no real strength and I just helped swing her across (shes only two her arms aren't that long!) while she moved her hands across the bars to the other side :clapping:
She literally turned 2, 3 weeks ago :eek:
Shes so clever :D and brave!!!! :panic:
I am writing it in her learning journal but seriously other than doing it completely unassisted (no way!) whats the next steps on that?!

2016 olympics gymnastic squad!?

pinklady
26-10-2009, 07:41 PM
That is pretty impressive! My 3 year old can't do monkey bars yet and my 8 year old still wimps out half way across from time to time but then I have got sons :laughing: we all know girls are made of stronger stuff :laughing:

A definite one for the learning journey...Go J!:thumbsup:

CherryBlossom
27-10-2009, 12:45 PM
Oh bless her-its lovely to hear about Children with so much confidence in their ability to do something-so positive!
:D