PDA

View Full Version : 'mind your business' course?

mrsgreen
26-10-2009, 04:08 PM
hi all, because i have not long started childminding i have been offered a 1 day course through my LA called 'mind your business'. its a business course for childminders. i wondered if any one has done one of these and if they are any good? i am in east herts and not sure if any where else does them? any experience welcome :)

chewy sweets
26-10-2009, 05:37 PM
No i've not been on one! But sounds ggod and if it's free it worth attending!!! :thumbsup:

Carrie-Anne
26-10-2009, 05:57 PM
Hiya, I am in East Herts I went on Mind your business, it was ran by A4e, there were 3 days I believe, I did 2... Marketing, working with parents, mind your business. i didnt go on working woth parents, but the other 2 were good.

Mind your business focused on, promoting your business, planning for the future, price it right.

I was not registered when I attended, have only regcently got certificate, not started working yet.

But def say course was helpful and worthwhile.

carrie-Anne

mrsgreen
26-10-2009, 06:18 PM
Hiya, I am in East Herts I went on Mind your business, it was ran by A4e, there were 3 days I believe, I did 2... Marketing, working with parents, mind your business. i didnt go on working woth parents, but the other 2 were good.

Mind your business focused on, promoting your business, planning for the future, price it right.

I was not registered when I attended, have only regcently got certificate, not started working yet.

But def say course was helpful and worthwhile.

carrie-Anne

thanks good to know. yes its the same people A4E. its for a whole day 9-5. i'll give it a try

Carrie-Anne
26-10-2009, 06:56 PM
Yea that is what I did, You get a certificate so worth doing to put in your portfolio lol

Bananabrain
26-10-2009, 07:23 PM
I'm in Herts too.
Have done all the A4e courses and they're generally pretty good,if a little basic.
The 'Working with parents' one is especially good. And much needed at the time I did it:laughing:

Carrie-Anne
26-10-2009, 09:13 PM
Where abouts are you?

mrsgreen
27-10-2009, 04:43 PM
thanks, im near hertford, you? all i seem to be doing is courses at them mo!