PDA

View Full Version : Is anyone going to early years exhibition in Manchester?

Amaranth
01-03-2008, 09:46 PM
Hi,
Just wondered if any forum members were going to the early years and special needs north exhibition in Manchester this year? It's on Fri 18th & Sat 19th April.I went with my hubby last year and we're going again this year. It's free to get in, you have to register with them for an entry badge. You have to pay to get into the seminars, but I just go in the exhibition bit. Well worth a visit though, loads of stalls and information stands. Also lots of freebies (mainly pens and pads) to be had :D If you are going make sure one of the first stands you visit is either the Nursery world or TES stand because you can get really good quality bags to collect all your goodies in!!!:laughing:

The link to the website is
www.teachingexhibitions.co.uk

sarah707
01-03-2008, 10:47 PM
I'm hoping to go... it's my birthday weekend though so I might be a little hung over! :laughing:

Sandie
01-03-2008, 11:16 PM
OOOOOOOOOh I would really like to go why are all the shows so far away. I live on the south coast and most of the best shows are usually at the NEC or higher. I go to a lot of the trade shows at the NEC for my crafts business but always means having to stay over and ends up costing so much so have to limit myself. :crying:

Heaven Scent
02-03-2008, 12:24 AM
I would love to go but have a mindee every Saturday from 4.30 perhaps I will cancel him they quite often cancel me at very short notice so it won't be too bad did tell mum that I couldn't have him every week as I need time off some weeks but because my husband works shifts @ Manchester airport and works abroad such a lot it doesn't bother me having him. I treat him differently to the other mindees I have the TV on when he is here, he has to be like one of the family because its the weekend and night time and we are all tired. I even take him places with me like for meals at friends and out for a drink early doors I don't drink while I have him but I do meet up with friends and once he is collected I hit the jar and now I'm getting on a bit it doesn't take much for me to catch up. When they don't bring him I don't charge them because they run a chinese take away and they bring me a meal every night when they pick him up plus they give us a really good reduction when we order a take away from them and they deliver. Fair is fair I don't think they could read the contract so I don't impose it too rigidly, anyway If I did want to impose it I would have to pay for a translator to translate it into chinese for me together with reams and reams of policies etc so It would cost me as much as I earn from him in a year to do that. I did make a mothers day card with him tonight though. The mother speaks better english than the father and they speak chinese to the little fella so I explaned the contract to her and she understood it and they always pay me up front and I know they have kept it because they kept a list of nights I gave them that I couldn't have the baby. Anyway thats that. So yes I'd love to go and I think my kids would love it too.

Celine

avril
02-03-2008, 10:18 AM
Sound like some interesting stuff, I will make some enquiries if other childminders in my area want to go and make a day of it!!

avril x:)

crazybones
02-03-2008, 10:29 AM
Sound like some interesting stuff, I will make some enquiries if other childminders in my area want to go and make a day of it!!

avril x:)

I'm interested Avril. I cant use car that day but am will to pay the petrol and car park for anyone who will. :D

Annie x

avril
02-03-2008, 10:33 AM
ok Annie I will see who else is interested speak to you soon.

Avril x:)

LittleMissSparkles
02-03-2008, 10:35 AM
ooh I really fancy that will have to see if hubby will go with me unless anyone else fancies going with me ? Have requested a pass anyway just in case do you need one each does anyone know eg for hubby, might make a weekend of it x

Pipsqueak
02-03-2008, 10:40 AM
It looks really interesting but I'm not sure if I could get there.

Will delve into it a little more, we are just of for quad racing practice

Thanks for that

LittleMissSparkles
02-03-2008, 10:49 AM
It looks really interesting but I'm not sure if I could get there.

Will delve into it a little more, we are just of for quad racing practice

Thanks for that

taht soundsgreat Vik, we wnet quad biking on my friends hen weekend in blackpoolit was great fun xxx

Amaranth
02-03-2008, 07:25 PM
Hi Susan, yes you need a pass for each person attending. I think you can register on the door, but it takes a while.

Trouble
02-03-2008, 10:04 PM
me and my hubby are going, carnt wait, hope to see you their!!!!

LittleMissSparkles
03-03-2008, 09:44 AM
Thanks for that Carol, I have registered us both on line on the off chance that we do go ! hubby not overly keen but he'd be moaning if I said i was going without him .....

We will probably travel down the friday night and stay over somewhere nearby and travel back saturday t time xxx

Amaranth
03-03-2008, 08:06 PM
No worries Susan. We will all have to wear a red rose or something so we can recognise each other!!!:laughing:

LittleMissSparkles
03-03-2008, 08:09 PM
No worries Susan. We will all have to wear a red rose or something so we can recognise each other!!!:laughing:

LOL our forum badges, have to super size them to the max carol xxx

button68
03-03-2008, 08:40 PM
I would like to go but sadly Manchester is FAR too busy a city for me to drive to. Liverpool no problem ......... but Manchester, Chester :panic:

DH will be away then otherwise he would have taken me :(

buildingblocks
04-03-2008, 05:54 PM
Yes hubby and I have just booked online last night for the fast track entry for the special needs one can someone send me the link to do the same for the Early Years one (ignore this if it is posted down below lol). We may have another passenger from the site with us as well hopefully.

We had planned on going to Birmingham but circumstances kind of took over and we didn't get

ajs
04-03-2008, 07:09 PM
hi i've registered hubby and me for both although can't see him being too willing to come unless we too can get a hotel (without kids preferably)

Amaranth
04-03-2008, 07:16 PM
Kate did you manage to find the link? To be honest I have only registered for the early years bit as last year it was all in one hall and you could wander around freely, nobody ever asked to see my badge. Hoping it will be the same this year.

sarah707
04-03-2008, 08:40 PM
hi i've registered hubby and me for both although can't see him being too willing to come unless we too can get a hotel (without kids preferably)

Thank you for that wonderful idea Amanda! :D

I have just booked here for the night!! It's my bday weekend so I've already got childcare covered...

How exciting! What a treat! :jump for joy:

http://www.jurysinns.com/index.php?hotel_pid=40622

LittleMissSparkles
04-03-2008, 08:44 PM
Thank you for that wonderful idea Amanda! :D

I have just booked here for the night!! It's my bday weekend so I've already got childcare covered...

How exciting! What a treat! :jump for joy:

http://www.jurysinns.com/index.php?hotel_pid=40622

who are you going with Sarah ? x look lovely lxxx

sarah707
04-03-2008, 08:59 PM
Hopefully bfriend can get childcare! If not, I'll organise a friend!

Still very over-excited! :jump for joy:

ajs
04-03-2008, 09:17 PM
i have just asked d if we can stay overnight and he reminded me that we have leisure vouchers that his mum gave us for xmas the year before last so i guess that was a yes then
i will see where they can be spent and book there although it would be nice to all be in the same hotel if i can stay free i'd better do that

now where do you think he may have put them

chubbymummy
04-03-2008, 09:19 PM
i'm hoping to go and have registered too.

Minnie Minx
04-03-2008, 09:27 PM
I've registered, just hope someone else will be on their own so we can wander around together :D hint hint hint

xxx

ajs
04-03-2008, 09:33 PM
you can come with me hubby will be boring some poor person to tears about soemthing or other i won't want to be associated with him

Minnie Minx
04-03-2008, 09:35 PM
you can come with me hubby will be boring some poor person to tears about soemthing or other i won't want to be associated with him

thanks mandy, it sounds really interesting, i'm trying to move within the next month or so and then there'll be no holding me back on registering :clapping: :clapping:

Manchester is only a few stops up the line from me and i've heard it's the fare's quite cheap too :D

xxx