PDA

View Full Version : how to?? store shoes, jackets etc?

edayhouse
26-10-2009, 01:18 PM
Well i have been minding for over a year now and i am starting to get fed up with the bomb site that my mindees leave all over the house! I was thinking of getting some coat pegs put up at a really low level so that all ages could hang up there own coats, not sure what to do about shoes, hats, school bags etc - maybe a storage bench.
What do you guys use/do?
x

~Chelle~
26-10-2009, 01:23 PM
Mine all have their own coat hooks with their picture and name on so that they know where to put their coats. Their shoes go underneath where their coats hang.

They also have their own flannels and hand towels on hooks in the toilet, with their picture and their name so that they know which towel is theirs.

I use blu tac for the photo/name tag so that I can take them down is I have guests coming round otherwise it looks like you are entering a nursery lol

edayhouse
26-10-2009, 02:01 PM
Great idea about blu tacking kids photos!

Going to get organised - hopefully in the next couple of weeks - think i might get boxes too for there art work, stuff from school etc... not sure yet??
Thanks
x

mrsgreen
26-10-2009, 03:56 PM
i have low level pegs by the front door in my porch. i also use..... coloured PE bags! they hang on the pegs with all there stuff in, hat, gloves, shoes. each child has there own colour and they can decorate if they like. so cheap from school market stalls.

TheBTeam
26-10-2009, 05:20 PM
I only have a very small entrance hall, so have a high row on one side for family coats and on wall with door on it a lower row of hooks on a wooden bar for the childminding kids to put their coats on, they stuff hats/gloves/scarfs down the sleeve of their coat so doesnt get lost and i have a wicker basket on the floor for them to put their shoes in, they all go in one as no space for more, there was such a jumble on the floor before that at least they are all in one place, all of their bags if light enough hook on the coat hooks and the baby bags go beside our family shoe rack which sits under our coat hooks!

There is not always enough pegs for every one at the moment, so i put them in families on a peg (inwards and outwards if wet to stop one making the inside of the next one wet). Planning to get another row of hooks lower down so that littles find it easier to learn to hang their own, and can put photos on, (but need hubby out for the afternoon so all done and dusted by the time he returns, otherwise he will go mad!!!:laughing: )

mama2three
26-10-2009, 05:24 PM
i have put knobs up the side of my staircase so they go up in height , even the little ones can reach some of them. I was going to get the childrens coat rack thats in the tesco catalogue but looks like theyve discontinued it.

madasahatter
26-10-2009, 05:36 PM
I have a high coat rail for adult and big kids coats and underneath is a low coat rail for th LO's. For shoes I have a cheap pine shelf unit in my porch, they get a bit cold in winter but I try and remember to bring the LO's shoes inside for a few minutes before the school run.

mandy moo
26-10-2009, 05:45 PM
I have named pegs at child level for coats, their shoes go underneath.
Each child has a named box for spare clothes, nappies, wipes, creams etc.
As has been said, each child has their own towel, colour coded!!! (I use wipes for faces and very little hands) on named pegs in my downstairs W.C.