PDA

View Full Version : renewing wedding vows

saintsue
26-10-2009, 09:34 AM
Morning everyone

My hubby asked me yesterday to renew our wedding vows, i am so happy about it, we have been married for 10 years, second marrage for us both,

Has anyone else done it?

have a nice day everyone
luv sue xxx :clapping: :clapping:

mama2three
26-10-2009, 09:48 AM
thats so lovely! what a romantic hubby! have you said yes?

pinklady
26-10-2009, 10:07 AM
Aww...that's lovely news for a Monday morning! What a lucky lady you are to have such a romantic hubby.

Congratulations & I look forward to hearing all your plans for the big day.:excited:

FussyElmo
26-10-2009, 10:16 AM
Fantastic news:clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Chatterbox Childcare
26-10-2009, 10:16 AM
How romantic - wish my hubby would think of something as romantic as that

Go for it

Daftbat
26-10-2009, 10:43 AM
My hubby and i thought about doing that for our tenth wedding anniversary last March - we too have both been married before.

Initially i was all for it but then the more i thought about it the more i felt uncomfortable (i know - I am strange but hear me out)

My thoughts were that a wedding is a very public affair but a marriage is private and all the things that i wanted to say to him were private in themselves. We talked about it and hubby was great - i thought he might be offended but he understood where i was coming from. Instead we went to Paris for a long romantic weekend and spent the money on us rather than everyone else and we said all those lovely things to one another privately overlooking the Eiffel Tower!

Each to their own - if it appeals to you then go ahead - its lovely that your hubby wants to mark the occassion. Second marriages are, in my humble opinion, harder in some ways and congratulations for making it work.:excited:

Mouse
26-10-2009, 10:45 AM
How lovely!

DH has been asking for years if we can renew our vows, but I don't want to. We've been married for over 20 years & I keep telling him I don't want to get tied in to another 20 :ROFL1:

jelly15
26-10-2009, 11:17 AM
That is lovely thing to do. I have just had my 20th and I would love it if my husband suggested this for oue silver (Iwould have 5 years to get in shape).

We have made new friends over the years since we were married and I would love them to share a special day with us. It would be lovely for our children (almost grown uo now) to see us renew our vows.

I can but hope

PixiePetal
26-10-2009, 11:57 AM
How romantic :)

I think once was enough for DH though :laughing: 16 years so far, not bad :thumbsup:

CherryBlossom
26-10-2009, 02:11 PM
That is so lovely!!

Congratulations!

I think it is a wonderful idea xx

saintsue
26-10-2009, 02:20 PM
Thank you all so much
sue xxxxx

angeldelight
26-10-2009, 03:23 PM
That is lovely Sue

Hope you have a wonderful time

Angel xx

LOOPYLISA
26-10-2009, 04:11 PM
How lovely, i love romantic men :D :blush:

mummyof3
26-10-2009, 04:12 PM
How lovely!

DH has been asking for years if we can renew our vows, but I don't want to. We've been married for over 20 years & I keep telling him I don't want to get tied in to another 20 :ROFL1:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :thumbsup: