PDA

View Full Version : Grrrr rant time!

tashaleee
26-10-2009, 08:41 AM
OK why is it that parents have a child over the weekend and suddenly they are toilet trained????? :angry:

Had minded child aged almost 27 months (boy) dropped off this morning with the delightful words 'he is wearing pants'.... after discussions apparently firstly he can tell you he needs a wee or a poo (except he has speech issues and hardly sais anything!) followed by 'oh you will need to keep checking and taking him' - like I have nothing else to do :censored: :rolleyes:

Anyone got any ideas how I can politely tell parent tonight that I am not toilet training her son as he is no way ready? She is the type that thinks its fine for him to wee all over the house til he gets the hang of it... hmmm not in my house its not plus Ive just had a new floor laid :rolleyes: I did tell her we were out and about so not a good week to be doing it plus I dont think he is anywhere near ready - she said nothing :rolleyes:

Chatterbox Childcare
26-10-2009, 08:44 AM
Just tell her and make sure you send back a bag full of wet and dirty clothes for her to wash.

Explain that you don't mind carrying it on but she needs to start when she is able to stay home for a week, something you cannot do.

The Juggler
26-10-2009, 09:06 AM
Yes, give her the clothes today to explain how many accidents. You never know though - he might surprise you! Explain you are more than happy to start once he is showing signs of going by himself/asking to go. My policy is more than a few accidents in the day is a health hazard to the babies crawling around - I have carpet in the living room so you can imagine!

pinklady
26-10-2009, 10:02 AM
That is so annoying!

Do you have a toilet training policy? Mine states that I'm happy to support parents with toilet training when their child is ready but to discuss their plans with me beforehand.

I would do the same as Debbie and send back all the dirty and wet clothes.

Daftbat
26-10-2009, 10:36 AM
One of my mindees tried toilet training after discussions with mum and on the second day i ended up with the mother of all wees on my living room carpet which i ended up lifting to get the underlay dry and then shampooing to death to get it clean. I said to mum that i didn't think she was ready but then over that next weekend the child clicked and have not had any accidents since. Its sometimes very hit and miss but this parent could be right - see how you get on.