PDA

View Full Version : Best Double Buggy with a Buggy Board?

helenlc
25-10-2009, 08:29 PM
I have a 9 mth old, 18 mth old and just 2 yr old. I would like to continue walking to toddler group and getting out and about with out the car some days. But the 2 yr old is a terrible walker and really would struggle to go far.

I dont want a triple buggy as they are big for the fact I will only use it 2-3 times a week. Therefore I am considering a double with a buggy board.

But I want to make sure I can push it comfortably (well as comfortably as possible with 3 kids!). I would possibly like a 3 wheeler as these are easier to push when walking (its about a 30 minute walk to toddler group).

I know I can look on the lascal site to find out whats compatible but I want people's opinions on what doubles and buggy boards work best.

Zoomie
25-10-2009, 08:32 PM
My childminder friend who was finishing up gave me her Jane Twin and it has a Jane buggy board too.

I use it for days when I have three little ones.

As it was free I really can't complain, but if it packed in, I would replace it with the same.

HTHs

pinklady
25-10-2009, 10:29 PM
I'm think the maclaren twin techno is compatible with the lascal buggy board but I'm sure it would be really heavy to push. I was going to put a buggy board on mine but ds2 just has to walk on the days there's no room in the buggy! He's 3 though so that's not an option when you have a 2 year old on a long walk.

Hope you find a good solution.

The Juggler
26-10-2009, 09:00 AM
I have a chicco side by side with o'baby buggy board. works fine for me as you can stand to one side to push (next to your buggy board rider). Hard work up the hills but no worse than a triple.

Imagine it's similar to the maclaren.

My chicco is sooo light, lightest I've ever had.

HomefromHome
26-10-2009, 09:31 AM
I'm think the maclaren twin techno is compatible with the lascal buggy board but I'm sure it would be really heavy to push. I was going to put a buggy board on mine but ds2 just has to walk on the days there's no room in the buggy! He's 3 though so that's not an option when you have a 2 year old on a long walk.

Hope you find a good solution.

your totally right!
i have a maclaren twin techno wi lascal buggy board and it works a treat - u walk to one side a bit (i put board to the right) but it's never caused a prob:D

mama2three
26-10-2009, 09:33 AM
theres a double on ebay at the moment and it has what looks like one of the toddler seats you put on a bike attached to the front , thought that was a great idea. will see if i can find the link.
no sorry cant see it - but think it would work with any with a bumper bar?

The Juggler
26-10-2009, 11:19 AM
there is a chicco twin stroller on there too today for £84

helenlc
26-10-2009, 02:30 PM
Does anyone have the Out and About Nipper Instep 360 double and uses a buggy board!

Need to work out if it will go in my boot first though!!! I have a Galaxy and with all seats in use, things are a little tight in the boot space!!

Thanks

(I have the Chicco pushchair actually and do like it but am wondering whether a 3 wheeler twin with a buggy board will be easier for walking distances)

The Juggler
26-10-2009, 03:23 PM
Does anyone have the Out and About Nipper Instep 360 double and uses a buggy board!

Need to work out if it will go in my boot first though!!! I have a Galaxy and with all seats in use, things are a little tight in the boot space!!

Thanks

(I have the Chicco pushchair actually and do like it but am wondering whether a 3 wheeler twin with a buggy board will be easier for walking distances)

I've only used a 3 wheeler once and found it really heavy but it was afew years back so I guess they have changed a bit. I think the three wheelers are much bigger to try to fit in the boot. I would stick with your current one.

Shar
27-10-2009, 07:54 AM
I use a "Marco Sky L" with a "Buggypod". It's great!! The child is sat down and safe in the Buggypod and I have a rain cover too. It can be put on and off in seconds. Highly recommended. Ebay have some. :thumbsup: