PDA

View Full Version : Halloween

little_gems
24-10-2009, 09:56 PM
Im having a little halloween party for all the children on either wednesday or thursday and im just wondering if anyone's got any ideas about games and things????

We've brought pumkins for the children to do, we're going to cook some spagetti and put food colouring in just wondering what else we could add to it????

Also i wanted to make some slime any ideas???

We've got pictures to colour in

Any ideas would be greatfuly recieved. we'll have 6 under 4 so no older one to think about.

Thanks

babs
24-10-2009, 10:02 PM
green jelly's with jelly snakes hanging out ....

The Mummy Wrap Game
You will need at least one roll of toilet paper per team (two would be even better)
Divide the children into teams.
One child to be the mummy and the others to wrap them up with the tp.
You could either make it a race to see how fast you use up the roll or judge by how covered up the mummy is.

Halloween Goo Game
You will need:
a bag of tapioca
Water
food colouring
plastic spiders or other charms
Preparation:
Take the bag of tapioca and put half in a bowl with some water and soak it for 1 hour.
drain the water and add more water (not milk as it will say on the packet)
Put in the microwave for a few minutes and the stir. repeat this until it starts to go clear
When it is clear add the food colouring and mix well. ( it will be very sticky)
leave to cool
add your spiders or charms.

Note:
The longer you cook the tapioca the more sticky it gets so you can cook it in to a slime that you can roll and mould into shapes.
The game:
Blindfold the child and let them put their hand in the very sticky, lumpy cold slime. They have 30 seconds to grab a charm to win a prize.

Chatterbox Childcare
24-10-2009, 10:15 PM
I get cherryade and lime fizzy to be blood and witches brew to drink

Alibali
25-10-2009, 11:38 AM
I get cherryade and lime fizzy to be blood and witches brew to drink

I guess you only give them this just before they leave:laughing: :laughing:

ChocolateChip
25-10-2009, 06:51 PM
Pin the Cat on the Broomstick (as opposed to Tail on the Donkey)

Spiders Web- have a spider name tag attached to a long thread (wool) which is tangled up with everyone else's thread- they have to unravel it to find their small treat attached to the other end. You can make this as hard or as easy as you like, use different coloured threads for little ones, make it really tangled for big ones ( once had it going all round the house for ds's birthday party)

madasahatter
25-10-2009, 07:48 PM
We played Halloween bingo last year from here (http://www.activityvillage.co.uk/Halloween%20bingo%20and%20concentration.pdf) which went down very well. I also make halloween pinatas (ghost and pumpkin) which they love to hit with the tube from the middle of a cling film roll (it's quite thick and strong) until the sweets fall out.
I also got a cd of halloween music from poundland with classics such as monster mash on it and we played the usual musical statues and musical bumps.
Apple bobbing is always a good one too (we do that outside!).
One year I spread a large sheet over the kitchen floor and I threaded mini ring doughnuts onto a string and fastened it between 2 cupboards on opposite sides of the kitchen. The kids had to eat the doughnuts without touching them with their hands......very funny!

little_gems
26-10-2009, 05:36 PM
thanks for all your idea's. think we've got everything sorted now. went to buy some cookie cutter's but have sold out so a bit gutted!!!!