PDA

View Full Version : FAMILY NAMES

It's a small world
24-10-2009, 08:33 PM
Just writing up obs (I know saturday night and working ....sad.....but night off work so making the most of it ) Anyway on one of my obs mindee was doing brass (plastic) rubbings of a tractor . Anyway he mentioned his uncle goes on the tractor to fix the fence...

my question is would I be able to write uncels name ( as not a child) or just put an initial?????

jo f
25-10-2009, 08:36 AM
I'd just put uncle B or whatever, so the family can identify with who it is

sarah707
26-10-2009, 06:21 PM
When I'm talking about family members, I usually put names but I also say who they are...

John was talking to Jane (his sister) about...

John was talking to Bec (my daughter) ...

I heard recently of an ofsted inspector picking someone up for using their own child's name in a diary though, so I'm wondering if this is ok to do still...?

i'd be tempted to do as Jo suggests and just use the initial :D

Mollymop
26-10-2009, 06:31 PM
I would write the uncles name if it were me, but I do;t know what is the correct way to go about things.

I have 2 uncle brians and 2 auntie Vals, so it doesn't really point the finger at anyone inparticular...and after all the only person who will see the obs is ofsted, you and the child's parents, so i can't see it being an issue!

xx

It's a small world
26-10-2009, 06:53 PM
will stick to Uncle P I think and mum will know who I was talking about and Ofsted can't accuse me of anything either...better toi be safe than sorry I think.

Thanks once again for the advice...what would I do without you all :clapping: