PDA

View Full Version : Hubby, fingers crossed!

Pudding Girl
23-10-2009, 10:35 PM
Hubby came home from work, was fine, ate tea, was fine, settled down to watch TV, was fine, 8.30pm ish started getting cold symptoms and took himself off to bed (unheard of!) by 10pm looking dreadful :(

Please don't let it be swine flu!! :panic:

ORKSIE
23-10-2009, 10:37 PM
Thinking of you & poor hubby.
hopefully itsa 24hr thingy:thumbsup:

sue m
23-10-2009, 10:39 PM
Yep, a 24 hr bug, everything crossed.

Stay away from him!!!!!! Hope he's well very soon.

ORKSIE
23-10-2009, 10:41 PM
Thinking of you & poor hubby.
hopefully itsa 24hr thingy:thumbsup:

OR

Man Flue

Mr O has this at the min:eek:

The Juggler
26-10-2009, 04:35 PM
OR

Man Flue

Mr O has this at the min:eek:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Mollymop
26-10-2009, 05:48 PM
Is he ok hun??x

LOOPYLISA
26-10-2009, 06:07 PM
Hope hes ok x

Pudding Girl
28-10-2009, 06:07 PM
Well after this post on Friday night, he woke up fine and dandy Sat and Sunday alebit with a cold.
Monday evening he felt a lot worse, was up and down half the night and eventually got up at 3.30am concedeing defeat, couldn't get comfy, couldn't sleep ( I thought perhaps overload of lemsip directs = caffeine?)

..anyway I get up tues morning and he goes back up to bed and then throws up, appears to have temp, can't find thermometer of course :rolleyes: , stays upstairs in quarantine lol all day, feels rough on and off, sleeps on and off, eats one mouthful dry bread, one loosish bowel movement.

Tues evening and he says he feels better, comes downstairs for a bit, eats a banana, throws up violently.

This morning - the same, up half the night, gets up this am and throws up, upstairs in quarantine again - feels rough on and off, has eaten half a sandwich, thrown up again this evening so that'll be another day off for him tomorrow at least,(and kept upstairs again!)
The kids went home at 5 and he is still up there, I assume asleep now so not going up to check don't want to disturb him.

I don't know what to think, still had cold symptoms plus the sickness.
Could it be?? :panic:

Pudding Girl
28-10-2009, 08:00 PM
Found the thermometer :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: 37.83 at the mo. he's been down for about half and hour but had to go back upstairs as hot/cold/shivering/sweaty/nauseous/tired/can't concentrate even on watching tv.

:(

LOOPYLISA
28-10-2009, 08:02 PM
Gosh, he sounds awful, have you caled the doc ?

Pudding Girl
28-10-2009, 08:09 PM
Nope. Daft as it sounds given all of that ^^ he doesn't seem too ill really. If that makes sense?! Mind you that may be as I haven't been with him for 8 hours of the day whilst working :rolleyes:

if he's no better tomorrow will call the GP for advice. It'll be over 48hrs then which is how long your typical sicky bug would probably last for yes?

LOOPYLISA
28-10-2009, 08:25 PM
Nope. Daft as it sounds given all of that ^^ he doesn't seem too ill really. If that makes sense?! Mind you that may be as I haven't been with him for 8 hours of the day whilst working :rolleyes:

if he's no better tomorrow will call the GP for advice. It'll be over 48hrs then which is how long your typical sicky bug would probably last for yes?

Yes :thumbsup:

Pudding Girl
28-10-2009, 09:33 PM
Thanks :) jsut don't want to waste the GPs time really, silly \i know, it's what they are there for but still...

Since last writing he's perked up, gone downhill and perked back up again all - very puzzling really!

miffy
28-10-2009, 09:45 PM
Sounds awful - poor chap!

Hope he has a better night tonight

Miffy xx

ORKSIE
28-10-2009, 09:48 PM
Hope he feeling better now:clapping:

Pudding Girl
29-10-2009, 07:43 AM
didn't last, throwing up again by 11pm.

Will ring the GP this morning, just occurred to me that he'll be either not taking, or throwing up his epilepsy meds, so that's a concern.

angeldelight
29-10-2009, 07:58 AM
didn't last, throwing up again by 11pm.

Will ring the GP this morning, just occurred to me that he'll be either not taking, or throwing up his epilepsy meds, so that's a concern.

Oh hope he is ok

Keep us posted

Angel xxx

miffy
29-10-2009, 08:09 AM
Is he any better this morning?

Miffy xx

Pudding Girl
29-10-2009, 10:15 AM
Well, he's a helluva lot brighter and just had a slice of dry toast, is talking to me and joking a little too, so I think he is on the mend now :)