PDA

View Full Version : Parents Time off

Jules12Wed
23-10-2009, 08:28 PM
One of my parents is currently training to be a nurse she gave me her schedule a while back and for next week she is off Monday, Tuesday and Friday. Today when she collected M she said I'm off Monday i'll text you and let you know what time i'll drop him off!!!!:angry:

Minstrel
23-10-2009, 08:31 PM
Does she have coursework to be doing?

Jules12Wed
23-10-2009, 08:37 PM
Does she have coursework to be doing?

Don't think so, but her son is 8 so would be able to amuse himself. I know with my 9 year old daughter that I could quite easily get on with my paperwork she is more than capable ot making herself sandwiches, drinks etc and for me too!!:laughing:

Minstrel
23-10-2009, 08:38 PM
I'd take it as a compliment :thumbsup:

He obviously prefers being with you or would have nagged her into keeping him home.

Lou
23-10-2009, 09:26 PM
I understand that parents need time for themselves, but sometimes they do take the mick.

When i was childminding, all my parents would bring their children if they had to pay, if they finished early they would pop off to do their shopping etc. I could almost deal with that, but what used to really bug me is when they ask you to have their child extra as they have something to do, for example last summer i was asked to have a term time only child in the holidays so that the could.....wait for it....pack the car for their holiday!!!!! Im sorry why cant you pack the car with your child their.....what makes it worse is that on that day i had 8 children and i was going on holiday in a few days myself so i was frantically getting washing etc done and involving the children, they were all passing me pegs etc!!!

Or when they ask you to have their child on a day that they dont come so they can go to an app. Last year my DS broke his arm and i had to take him to several apps at the fracture clinic with 4 under 3s in tow. I can manage so why cant you????? I have been known to go to a doctors app with 6 kids!!!

Now i am no longer a childminder, i work full time and use a childminder (only after school, my dd is 6) and if i was to finish early, or get time off, i wouldnt dream of leaving her with the cm, i love her, everything i do in life is for her (and DS) and i want to spend as much time as i can with her, so i rush to collect her every day!!!

Ok rant over LOL

The Juggler
23-10-2009, 09:37 PM
I think we shouldn't question it. If we're being paid. they are entitled to use us.

LOL

tammerisk
24-10-2009, 07:46 AM
he he he i know someone that used to do this!!!!!!!

and me to in the holidays i have taken all the children i have to doc appiontments and hospital appiontments i love the look on the faces of the nurses when you trud in with 7 or 8 kids!!!!!

the best one is when people asum they all yours and you have one of every creed and colour!!!!!!i even had them go as far a to ask if the little girl who was black and my son who is clearly not were twins!!!

balloon
24-10-2009, 08:40 AM
I think we shouldn't question it. If we're being paid. they are entitled to use us.

LOL

Totally agree! As for extra hours, we can just say no lol, ok I know it's not always that easy but you can train yourself to do it :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

The Juggler
24-10-2009, 09:52 AM
Don't think so, but her son is 8 so would be able to amuse himself. I know with my 9 year old daughter that I could quite easily get on with my paperwork she is more than capable ot making herself sandwiches, drinks etc and for me too!!:laughing:

Have to add, I find it hard to study with my two around (7 and 10) they argue non-stop. they are off to Wales to their grandparents this week. I'm working 2 days and then I have 3 days to study. It is hard. If she was doing what someone else said on the other thread, this week, taking her entire 8 weeks holiday without spending a single day with her lo, I would feel sorry for him but taking time out to study is OK. Presumably, she'll get a job/a better job at the end of it and things will be better for him and her.:)

LOL

Chatterbox Childcare
24-10-2009, 10:29 AM
Totally agree! As for extra hours, we can just say no lol, ok I know it's not always that easy but you can train yourself to do it :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I agree with this too. I am paid so I am happy to have them

In the past I looked after two boys and mum had Friday afternoon off and I had the boys.

However, when mum collected these boys the housework was done, the washing and ironing away and shopping in the cupboards. Those boys had their parents 100% of the weekend to themselves.

So if we are paid who are we to question what parents do with their time?

little chickee
24-10-2009, 10:36 AM
i look after a 15 month old on a fridat afternoon so his mum can get her housework done so that she has all weekend to do family things. i am perfectly happy do have her son and keep trying to persaude her that if i had him 2 afternoons she could get even more done Win Win!!

uf353432
24-10-2009, 12:14 PM
I agree with this too. I am paid so I am happy to have them

In the past I looked after two boys and mum had Friday afternoon off and I had the boys.

However, when mum collected these boys the housework was done, the washing and ironing away and shopping in the cupboards. Those boys had their parents 100% of the weekend to themselves.

So if we are paid who are we to question what parents do with their time?

:thumbsup: totally agree. They pay us to look after their kids not to question why they need us to. Every extra hour they place their kids with us is money in the bank for me.

Louise_Oaktree
26-10-2009, 02:38 PM
:thumbsup: totally agree. They pay us to look after their kids not to question why they need us to. Every extra hour they place their kids with us is money in the bank for me.

I do agree with this but it's the parents who say they don't need you on such a day because they are off and then the day before (or even that morning) text to say actually they still need you! Then you have to cancel your plans!