PDA

View Full Version : extra children with an assistant?

zoex
23-10-2009, 05:38 PM
can anyone tell me if they have an assistant working with them who is allowed extra children? she has a crb but her first aid has expired (booked on course in nov) and the ey2 form has been sent.
just worried that i might not be granded more children because of the first aid??
has anyone been not allowed more children even when working with an assistant.

thanks
x

tammerisk
23-10-2009, 06:02 PM
sent in my variation and ofsted say when my mums cheacks come back they will grant it if the checks are fine(she was a childminder before and had training)but she has no first aid.

i applied for 5 under five

but we will have ot wait and see if they do or not when they crb come back again.

if you are registering her as assistant will prob have to have crb done again aswell so could take some time!!

Chatterbox Childcare
23-10-2009, 07:01 PM
More children are granted on various aspects. Some of which are space and how you are able to provide equal resources and opportunities and delivering the EYFS.

Michelle M
25-10-2009, 03:06 PM
I have an assistant who doesnt have First Aid Certificate at prersent (booked on to course), and I was allowed to double my early years numbers, if you want to allow your assistant to be left with Early Years children I informed Ofsted of how many children would be left and why such as when I do the School run or nursery run and for how long approx they would be left for, they were happy as long as it wouldnt be more than 2 hours at a time, its only 20 minutes usually. Obviously when they have their First Aid Certificate.

I have to do a plan of how much space is available for each age group child, which they were happy with me to email and looked at my previous Ofsted Report which said I have a large space and large garden otherwise I guess they may want to come out and check the space ratio.

Hope this helps

:)