PDA

View Full Version : OMG stomach gone all strange !!!

Stace
23-10-2009, 04:12 PM
Hi - I've just done a load of policies and procedures - printed them off last night. Along with my risk Assessment - think I will need to check on here though and compare details to make sure all seems ok. Is it best to do a daily risk assessment - say in a diary (to save paper!)?

Then this afternoon got the phone call that Ofsted are due on Tuesday - OMG, have started going into panic mode and I don't even know what I'm panicing about. The power they have over you eh!! :panic:

She mainly said I will be asked the qestions in the pre-reg booklet - which luckily I've already filled out - but will need to refresh my poor brain on. Then she will go round each room I intend to use, for a risk assessment - so I will probably be going around on all fours later trying to see any risks.

mmmmm think I may need a glass of wine later :)

ttfn
Stace
xxx

PixiePetal
23-10-2009, 04:14 PM
Sounds like you have it all under control :thumbsup:

Enjoy the wine :D

nell57
23-10-2009, 04:31 PM
Talk about good timing, dont panic sounds like you'll be fine:thumbsup:

Goatgirl
23-10-2009, 07:08 PM
Hi Stace,
Sounds like you're way more prepared than I was at the same point! It'll be fine honest. Its just to see if you're a suitable person and if they see stuff you've missed, they'll tell you what it is :-)

I think.... a nice glass of vino to calm the nerves is definitely in order ;-)

good luck,
wendy ;-)

Stace
23-10-2009, 10:28 PM
thanks guys, feel bit better now :)

I've read lots of info on this site, its so helpful. I know there are still a few things round the house that need doing
but hopefully letting them know that, will be ok until they are done. Hopefully it will work out well, but the word
Ofsted just brings the feeling of horror - no offence to anyone working for Ofsted, grovel grovel :panic: ha ha !!

ttfn
Stace
xxx

CherryBlossom
26-10-2009, 08:08 AM
thanks guys, feel bit better now :)

I've read lots of info on this site, its so helpful. I know there are still a few things round the house that need doing
but hopefully letting them know that, will be ok until they are done. Hopefully it will work out well, but the word
Ofsted just brings the feeling of horror - no offence to anyone working for Ofsted, grovel grovel :panic: ha ha !!

ttfn
Stace
xxx

Hi Stace,

I have my Ofsted visit in just under 2 hours!!!!

So scared..we only moved in a month ago so loads still to do to house..but i know I will get it all done in next week or two (way before I start Minding)..just hoping the same as you really that if I explain the stuff that needs to be finished she will be ok with it.

I am worried about the Q's she is going to ask me..since Feb I have been literally everyday swatting up on Minding but now I feel my minds gone blank.

Good luck for tomo

xxx

mama2three
26-10-2009, 08:16 AM
good luck stace and cherry - theres really nothing to worry about , as long as you can show that you can assess risks and know how to rectify them as far as possible then thats all theyre looking for. i hadnt done all my policies etc , just one or two to show how i would do them , and a list of what i hoped to do. She mainly checked i had the up to date safeguarding information and i knew where to report to etc. my mrs o was very helpful and ive been singing her praises - the same inspector then did an inspection last week for a minder in this area and tore her to shreds. must just be in nice mode for pre-reg visits!

CherryBlossom
26-10-2009, 08:21 AM
good luck stace and cherry - theres really nothing to worry about , as long as you can show that you can assess risks and know how to rectify them as far as possible then thats all theyre looking for. i hadnt done all my policies etc , just one or two to show how i would do them , and a list of what i hoped to do. She mainly checked i had the up to date safeguarding information and i knew where to report to etc. my mrs o was very helpful and ive been singing her praises - the same inspector then did an inspection last week for a minder in this area and tore her to shreds. must just be in nice mode for pre-reg visits!

I am worried as my risk assessments are not very good-well I don't think so anyway. i have quite a few policies ready...I don't have any safety bits in place yet..but I know what things i need (when I get paid lol)

xx

mama2three
26-10-2009, 10:08 AM
http://www.southglos.gov.uk/NR/exeres/16797559-1d91-4110-a118-346a6545d42d

some brilliant and very thorough risk assessments here - its the one my inspector recommended. hth.

Stace
26-10-2009, 10:33 AM
http://www.southglos.gov.uk/NR/exeres/16797559-1d91-4110-a118-346a6545d42d

some brilliant and very thorough risk assessments here - its the one my inspector recommended. hth.

Thank you - going to have a look through this today
ttfn Stace
xxx

Stace
26-10-2009, 10:38 AM
Hi Stace,

I have my Ofsted visit in just under 2 hours!!!!

So scared..we only moved in a month ago so loads still to do to house..but i know I will get it all done in next week or two (way before I start Minding)..just hoping the same as you really that if I explain the stuff that needs to be finished she will be ok with it.

I am worried about the Q's she is going to ask me..since Feb I have been literally everyday swatting up on Minding but now I feel my minds gone blank.

Good luck for tomo

xxx

oooo - Good Luck, I'm sure you wiil be fine.

ttfn
Stace
xxx