PDA

View Full Version : Our Halloween activities (so far!)

Willowdancer
23-10-2009, 03:29 PM
First we decorated plastic cauldrons with metallic marker pens. Then we made creepy popcorn hands and finally made some biscuits with halloween shaped cutters and decorated them with hideous coloured icing!

Round two is next Wednesday and Thursday as they're the only other days I have mindees here during the school holiday. :)

PS: thank you to whoever it was that I borrowed the cauldron idea from as it was a great time filler :thumbsup:

flora
23-10-2009, 03:31 PM
Very good :clapping:

You have been busy :thumbsup:

Hebs
23-10-2009, 03:53 PM
love the popcorn hands :clapping:

Chimps Childminding
23-10-2009, 05:49 PM

Me too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:clapping:

Angela234
23-10-2009, 05:52 PM
Look Very good i haven't started ours yet

Willowdancer
23-10-2009, 06:34 PM

Next time I do it I'm going to colour the popcorn green to make them look even more creepy. I was going to have a trial run last night but forgot I had a PTA meeting to go to so never had the chance to find out what works best as there's lots of ways it can be done if you Google it.

angeldelight
23-10-2009, 06:36 PM
They are brilliant

Bet the kids and you and lots of fun

Angel xx

Carol
23-10-2009, 09:36 PM
They are lovely, thanks for sharing your work

Carol xxx

Minstrel
23-10-2009, 09:48 PM
Great results and thanks for giving us some inspiration!

Pudding Girl
23-10-2009, 10:39 PM
how did you do the popcorn hands? they rock :)

Twinkle
23-10-2009, 10:43 PM
I'd like to know how you did the popcorn hands too, they look great!

Willowdancer
23-10-2009, 11:12 PM
Ooh they were the easiest thing in the world!

All you need is a disposable polythene glove for each child, several large bowls of popcorn and a bag of candy corn (I got mine from Ebay but there's a few sites out there that sell US sweets.)

Then all you do is put a piece of candy corn in the end of each finger in the glove (so it looks a bit like a nail) and then stuff the rest of the glove with the popcorn (more fiddly than you'd imagine :laughing: )

Et voila - one knobbly, creepy-looking hand. And you can eat it afterwards (although obviously not the glove!) Bet they'd look even better if the popcorn is coloured green or some other spooky colour!

PS...extra fun can be had by using a hot air popcorn machine such as the popcorn duck (like the pic below) that we have, and ignoring all comments from children along the lines of "the duck is going to puke again!" Oh the joy of small boys!

http://ottawafoodies.com/static/img/forumpost/9924.jpg

KAZBAZ55
24-10-2009, 01:41 PM
these ideas are fantastic....definately going to be copying you next week...they all look fab!!!

Karen x

First we decorated plastic cauldrons with metallic marker pens. Then we made creepy popcorn hands and finally made some biscuits with halloween shaped cutters and decorated them with hideous coloured icing!

Round two is next Wednesday and Thursday as they're the only other days I have mindees here during the school holiday. :)

PS: thank you to whoever it was that I borrowed the cauldron idea from as it was a great time filler :thumbsup:

TheBTeam
24-10-2009, 04:44 PM
Lovely unusual things to do, love the hands!

Willowdancer
27-10-2009, 04:49 PM
More messy fun - pasta spider puppets and apple pumpkin prints (plus assorted things we did with them!) :D

PS...excuse my children - they appear to have forgotten what smiling is :laughing:

Monkey1
27-10-2009, 06:03 PM
Love the puppets!

I have taken photos of all our crafts but i will probably get round to loading them on the computer in time for next halloween!

miffy
27-10-2009, 06:08 PM
I love the spider puppets and the popcorn hands!

Thanks for the ideas

Miffy xx

mrs c
27-10-2009, 06:40 PM
Wow all the photos here look great - love the popcorn hands :thumbsup: